The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old January 12, 2011, 08:20 AM   #26
Sevens

Right now, you'd be hard pressed to find any jacketed bullets in .312" diameter outside of the 60 and 71 grain bullets made for the .32 Auto. This is because whatever stock was available dwindled over the last two years since the Barackolypse and no major jacketed bullet manufacturer has produced any new .312" jacketed slugs since that time.

They've been scrambling simply to produce 9mm, .38, .40 and .45 cal slugs just to catch up.

As for what was available... I am not aware of a FMJ .32 cal slug over 71 grains in weight, but that doesn't mean that someone made them... just that I can't think of it at the moment.

Sierra makes the Sportmaster, Hornady makes the XTP, Speer offers the Gold Dot and Nosler doesn't make a .312" handgun slug that I am aware of.
Old January 12, 2011, 07:11 PM   #27
kozak6

Quote:
But alas while this round may blow away a 38 or 9mm for performance it is not a 45acp or a 44mag
Um... what?

The 115 grain round performs about the same as a 9mm.