The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 11, 2007, 01:37 AM   #1
zahnzieh

Base camp Leasing?

I would like to know if anybody has experience with Base Camp Leasing - either leasing hunting land from them or leasing out land through their website. Any down-sides, advantages/ Any advice would be helpful - thanks guys!
Old November 11, 2007, 10:09 AM   #2
king.460

I look forward to upcoming replies, because I am considering them for a lease next year. It seems to get the better properties you have to ante up $99 which seems "Mickey Mouse" because for better properties and listings I'll ante up much more than $99.

Hopefully you will get some experienced replies.
Old November 19, 2007, 01:49 PM   #3
zahnzieh

The rep did finally get a hold of me - nice guy. The way they run things they get 25% of the lease - which to me is o.k. if I get decent people. They also provide liability insurance - up to 1million. The owners right to exempt 1-2 weekends to hunt is frowned upon since it seems to infringe on lessees priveleges. Does anybody know of any other clubs/leasing websites so that i can compare. The property is in Arkansas on te Mo. border (randolph county)
thanks guys
Old November 26, 2007, 11:32 PM   #4
drhunta2

Loved Em

Here is my shameless plug for Base Camp. After getting posted out of a number of properties last year I got pissed and googled leases. Base Camp came up and had a lease that fit all we wanted. We connected them and have enjoyed every experience we have had with them over the last 18 months. Very professional, they offer liability insurance, provided topo and photo maps and allowed us to really walk the dirt before making the deal. The contract is fair and professionally written and benefits both hunters and landowners. We love our lease - our landowners even let us build a 12X20 cabin on the property this year. Great experience, highly recommend.
Old November 27, 2007, 12:52 AM   #5
zahnzieh

many thanks for the input!!
Old November 27, 2007, 07:47 AM   #6
king.460

Good news, but explain the condition on the landowner having preference over several week/weekends of the hunting season.

Thanks.
Old November 28, 2007, 12:09 AM   #7
zahnzieh

response

It was explained to me that the property would be less likely to be leased out if the landowner takes dibs on 1-2 weeks/weekends for hunting. My further question to them might be if I can make any restrictions on the use of the land - i,e, type of deer taken, season etc.... Also it was made clear to me that the access should be year round.
Old November 28, 2007, 04:17 AM   #8
king.460

Does the leasee reserve the right to choose his dates to hunt the property (meaning--THE RUT) or does the leasor make that call?

I think I already know the answer to above question...
Old December 2, 2014, 08:12 PM   #9
habe1224

I realize this particular thread is a bit out of date, but I wanted to express my frustration with this company. We decided to lease out 3,500acres is western, SD(along the white river) for whitetails. We were told we could harvest 7 mature bucks as this is a well managed ranch and they wanted to keep it as such. We negotiated to allow 8...and thankfully we did! We hunted on 2 different occasions and toured the ranch on two other occasions. On the two occasions that we toured we did not see a deer. On the two occasions we hunted we were able to encounter a hand-full of does. I sent a very nice email and made a couple calls and neither were addressed. Be cautious of this outfit.