The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old August 22, 2000, 10:09 AM   #1
BMiracle

The military has recently moved me to Wichita Falls Texas (up north by oklahoma). Can anyone provide any insight as to some public or private hunting lands around here for deer? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would hate to sit out this season. They say that like only 2% of Texas is NOT privately owned. Private land owners can expect cash per deer killed on their land. Please help if you know of anywhere.
Old August 22, 2000, 10:14 AM   #2
BMiracle

please disregard this multiple post...my server was having issues
Old August 22, 2000, 10:03 PM   #3
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

There is at least one Wildlife Management Area in the Panhandle, and not awfully far from you. (Gene Howe WMA? Disremember.) Contact your nearest Texas Parks & Wildlife Department field office for info on this or other WMAs.

Many Chambers of Commerce list available lease-hunting opportunities. Often, there are notices posted on bulletin boards in gunshops.

You might also go to the "General" forum and just ask if anybody is from the WF area. Also, try over at http://www.varminter.com and ask...

Hope this helps, Art