The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 6, 2011, 02:36 PM   #26
GoOfY-FoOt

Quote:
(I predict biggest volume sales will be at around the $699-$749 price point, if possible.)
Considering the fact, that Kel-tec's PMR-30 is constantly being sold for an average of 200% of dealer cost, ($500-$550) I would expect the KSG to be at or very near the $1,000 mark, at least initially...
Old July 6, 2011, 10:31 PM   #27
zombieslayer

Goofy-Foot I'm located right near you. Grew up in Center Hill. Now living in lake county.
Anyhow, I really want one of these when the prices settle. Seems like a pretty potent package for home defense. Not that I really NEED another gun, but it looks like a lot of fun.
Old July 7, 2011, 07:11 AM   #28
darkgael

ksg

Quote:
Unless you just "wanna!"
Yep, that is the bottom line.

You get the thing...Ok....you load it up with buckshot. Then what do you do with it? Unless you are going to war, it is good for making noise and little else. (For making noise, you might as well use birdshot - it's cheaper).
I know, I know.....there's the self/home defense-shoot the bad guy thing. With any luck at all, you'll go through life without ever having to do that. And Zombies....There are no Zombies outside of video games.
It is scary looking, though.
Pete
Old July 7, 2011, 06:53 PM   #29
zombieslayer

Who mentioned zombies?
Old July 7, 2011, 08:21 PM   #30
Technosavant

Quote:
Let's all be honest, it looks pretty cool and would make a fun toy. If we only owned practical guns, for which we had a legitimate need, we would have much smaller collections.
Oh, quite.

I wasn't trying to come off as a negative person, I like the idea of the KSG and I wouldn't mind having one. Thing is, if you're buying your first defensive shotgun, I don't know that the KSG is the best choice. Once it's proven, it may well be worthy, but there's others out there that can get the job done at a much happier price tag.

We'll have to see when it actually shows up in volume and if Kel-Tec can meet demand anytime soon. Based on what I've seen of the PMR-30 and RFB, I'm not holding my breath; they've got some fun products that are in great demand and they aren't even close to satisfying the market on the ones already available.
Old July 7, 2011, 09:42 PM   #31
GoOfY-FoOt

Quote:
Goofy-Foot I'm located right near you. Grew up in Center Hill. Now living in lake county.
Ha-ha...I grew up in Lake Co. (Leesburg) and now I live here...
You are the anti-me, or vice-versa...
Old July 8, 2011, 09:40 AM   #32
Beentown71

At their pace I will pick one up when Ruger or Smith bring it out....

Beentown

Time for the Mall Ninja list:
Beretta 92fs, Springer XD9, High Standard Model HB, RRA bull bbl...aw heck with it time to go plink