Old February 17, 2017, 07:21 PM   #26
ammo.crafter

Favorites

PPC
Clays
Benchrest
Old February 19, 2017, 06:54 PM   #27
ShootistPRS

i have fired steel challenge, falling plates and silhouette and I like silhouette a lot more. There is more challenge to it. I am going to try 3 gun to see how I like it this spring. It requires more accuracy than steel challenge and falling plates and it uses the pistol, rifle and shotgun which is a good combination. I don't know if I will keep doing it but if I find it challenging I am more likely to stay with it than if I find it easy.
Old February 19, 2017, 07:35 PM   #28
FITASC

Quote:
but if I find it challenging I am more likely to stay with it than if I find it easy
Then try sporting clays.................always changing, no course the same as any other.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old February 19, 2017, 09:00 PM   #29
GarrettJ

I like run 'n gun or fast shooting stuff.

Subgun
USPSA
Steel Challenge
3-gun
Bowling pins

... And I'll settle for IDPA if none of the above are going on that day.
Old February 19, 2017, 11:17 PM   #30
ShootistPRS

I do pretty good with a shotgun in tactical work but I am lousy at shooting birds - clay or otherwise.
All my shotgun training has been tactical. The only way I can hit a duck is when it's in the water.
Old July 9, 2017, 09:18 PM   #31
458winshooter

Competition shoots

I can't wait for this fall I am very partial to the CMP matches myself. I also like to here the old war stories of the many older vets that always frequent these events.Most of my gun collection is wwii stuff so I'm well prepared. I only hope my garrand is up to finishing the match this time,firing pin broke last time out.
Old July 10, 2017, 01:30 AM   #32
AzShooter

I like shooting ICORE (revolver matches), USPSA and Steel Challenge. I've had to give up ICORE and USPSA since I'm in a wheelchair and the ranges here are on rocks and I can't maneuver over them. The Steel Challenge range is on grated dirt and since I don't have to move it fits my needs.

I use to shoot 2 matches a week but now I only get in one Steel Challenge match a month. I still get to the range twice a week for practice.

I also shot Silouette matches with my CPA 45-70 and 38-55. I love shooting at those nock down targets and always like watching the rams fall.
Old July 10, 2017, 10:09 AM   #33
langenc

USBR--22 BR-cause it is the only match in the area--140 mi away.

In a couple years that will be all done cause there will no longer be any shooters.

Used to have some families and youth. No longer. I suspect part of the reason is $$. For a dad and kid to shoot a match and one eve practice the week before will be about 75$$ for ammo, and that kind of money will buy lots of groceries and other things for a family.

Last Sat we had 6 shooters. Youngest about 60+ years old.
Old July 11, 2017, 10:42 AM   #34
mchapman

I too love the ICORE matches followed by USPSA, which I still use my revolvers in. It's not that I don't have any bottom feeders, I have several but I guess that it's just my nature. I love shooting my wheelguns just like I bowhunted for 40 years using longbows and recurves, and I love fly fishing, not spin casting. LOL
Old July 13, 2017, 06:59 PM   #35
44caliberkid

Probably whatever I last shot. Started in Boy Scouts, .22 rifle. PPC in the 70's, with revolver as a cop. IPSC in the 80's with 1911. Bullseye matches, 1911 .45 and .22 High Standard HD Military in the 90's. Turn of the century found me doing Cowboy Action Shooting. Last year did my first military high power match, M1 Garand, loved that. I'm going to try IDPA this summer and might look at 3 gun. Being around a bunch of like minded people is just fun.
Old July 14, 2017, 09:56 AM   #36
6MT

Up here in Canada, my two favorite are Service Rifle & LR Steel.
Old July 14, 2017, 06:59 PM   #37
gwpercle

NRA Indoor Bullseye
I'm 68, started with Bullseye because at the time it was the only game in town, an indoor shooting range had a league on Tuesday night , we would shoot after work, it was fun and I am a better shooter than bowler.
Too old now for those jumping and running games but can still shoot Bullseye .
Gary
Old October 13, 2017, 01:06 PM   #38
otasan

Bowling Pin Shooting for me.

And the big Central Lake, Mich pin matches are back! Bowling Pin matches are my favorite because it requires my favorite caliber to do well - the .45 ACP. I have been pin shooting in New England since 1979.
Old October 14, 2017, 05:44 PM   #39
ShootistPRS

Metallic Silhouette because it forces you to become a good off hand (no support) shooter. Add a little wind and it is quite challenging.
Old October 14, 2017, 05:53 PM   #40
Ruga Booga

I like waterproof matches
Old October 16, 2017, 01:41 PM   #41
Sebring Pop

Bullseye (Smith 41), 3 gun (Smith 41, 52 and Colt 45), Bowling pin (Auto 45, Revolver 44 Mag), Skeet (Remington 1100), Trap (Remington 870), Sporting Clay (Remington 1100). I just enjoy shooting competition.
Would like to shoot long range but only have 200 yard range around here.

IN GOD WE TRUST............ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old October 16, 2017, 01:54 PM   #42
TXAZ

ELR - Extremely Long Range

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old October 17, 2017, 09:23 AM   #43
Sebring Pop

That's exactly what I want !!!!!!!!!!!

IN GOD WE TRUST............ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old October 19, 2017, 09:49 PM   #44
gus3836

SASS, IDPA, steel, oh wait if there is a firearm involved it's my favorite!!
Old October 19, 2017, 11:10 PM   #45
OzeanJaeger

PRS
Old October 25, 2017, 09:13 AM   #46
10Ringmagic

Bullseye, both indoor in the fall, winter, ends in early spring, then outdoors for the summer.

I'm too old and out of shape for any run and gun stuff. However I did try IDPA practice this last summer and found that doable.
Old October 25, 2017, 05:14 PM   #47
Mike38

PPC. Started shooting PPC back in 1998. Clawed my way up to Master, which took 3 years. Around 2004 quit. Started again in 2016, and first match was Master level scores. I guess it's like riding a bicycle, you just don't forget!

Precision Pistol (Bullseye Pistol). Not very good at it, but enjoy it very much, probably more so than PPC. I enjoy the discipline, and when I can get "in the zone" mentally, I do pretty good. But the slightest thing will throw me off, and my scores show it. I can shoot a 80 target, get serious and in the zone, and follow up with a 95. But then loose it and shoot another 80.

Used to shoot, and enjoyed 10 meter air pistol. Pistol got to the point it needed rebuilt, lost interest, sold it.
Old October 28, 2017, 05:34 PM   #48
darkgael

Quote:
Used to shoot, and enjoyed 10 meter air pistol.
Air pistol.....now there’s precision. It is, literally, a game of tens (if you aint shootin lots of tens, you are not in the running.)
The ten ring is the same diameter as the pellet.
Pete
Old October 29, 2017, 09:23 AM   #49
B.L.E.

I like trap, both ATA and NMLRA muzzle loading matches. I shot 2450 registered singles and hdcp in the 2017 shooting year at ATA trap matches. I just got started in trap doubles. I go to four muzzleloading matches every year, one that's shotgun only and lasts four days.
I also shoot offhand rifle at the other muzzle loading matches and practice offhand rifle with a .22 when I'm just playing around, posting a bullseye target and trying to get a good five shot score.
I'm pretty good at offhand rifle, but it's the trap matches that I find fun.
Old November 1, 2017, 05:40 AM   #50
darkgael

ML trap

How long on average does it take to shoot a round of ML Trap?
Pete