The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting > Bullet Casting

Old October 9, 2020, 10:13 AM   #1
dahermit

Clays and RCBS 201 cast.

I get outstanding results (2" five shot group @ 50 feet, sandbag supported from the bench), from my Colt XSE Combat Commander using Winchester cases, Winchester primers, and 5.0 grains of Bullseye.

However, I am out of Winchester primers and want to use up my supply of Clays powder (so I can keep the Bullseye in reserve) and CCI primers.

I really do not want to do a whole lot of load development at my age using Clays, so I am hoping that some one has a very accurate load using Clays, Winchester cases, and CCI primers to save me some time.

I am not interested in loads with any other powder, primer, shell casing.

Please list your case, primer brand, amount of Clays, using RCBS 201 cast bullet, you have found for your .45 ACP.
Old October 9, 2020, 01:54 PM   #2
dahermit

Too late...I have tried 3.6, 3.8, 4.0 of Clays, CCI primers, Winchester cases, RCBS 200 grain semi-wadcutter, Red powder coated.
shot from a seated position over sandbag.

Not the outstanding accuracy I got from Winchester primers, same bullet, 5.0 Bullseye.

Still going to try with 4.2, and 4.3 with Clays before I give up on Clays with CCI primers.