The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 13, 2018, 01:02 PM   #1
Venom1956

PSA 9mm Glock lower. Need to open up mag well and add a feed ramp

I bought two 9mm Glock lowers on sale and sadly the magwell is too tight to fit Asian drum mags this is an issue I was apparently unaware of has anyone filed out material to allow them to fit? I've seen some pictures but I am curious if anyone has first had experience. Also this is more of an upper issue but I am looking at adding a feed.ramp since using Glock 33 rounds cause massive setback from hitting the barrel face.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old February 16, 2018, 11:39 AM   #2
Don P

Quote:
I bought two 9mm Glock lowers on sale and sadly the magwell is too tight to fit Asian drum mags this is an issue I was apparently unaware of has anyone filed out material to allow them to fit?
DO NOT FILE THE LOWER RECEIVER I have the same lower
receiver and had the same problem. Solved it by buying Glock magazines. The Asian magazines are roughly .010 larger than the Glock magazines. Once you file the lower you WILL HAVE issues using Glock magazines. I have had zero issues with rounds feeding in the PSA lower. I have no idea of why you have a massive set back. Try here for the cure for your feed ramp. www.taccom3g.com The Asin magazines,drums are NOT to Glock specs. I would file and sand the drums/magazines before possibly wrecking a lower receiver
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old February 17, 2018, 10:10 AM   #3
johnwilliamson062

What he said. Don't file an expensive lower instead of the cheap mags.