The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 28, 2018, 06:19 PM   #1
In The Ten Ring

Got a reply from the White House.

Here is the email I just received, in reply to my scathing email concerning the President's now infamous mouth vomit of weeks past.

"Thank you for taking the time to express your views regarding our Second Amendment rights.

My Administration is committed to upholding the Second Amendment and defending the right of our free and sovereign people to keep and bear arms. Our Founders fully understood that the ability of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves, their families, and their property from harm is a hallmark of a free people.

Over the eight years before I took office, the Second Amendment was under continuous attack from policies that made it difficult or impossible for law-abiding citizens to purchase firearms. I have already begun to reverse this dangerous trend, and I continue to work to ensure that your Government is abiding by the Second Amendment and does not infringe on your rights.

We took first steps to restore the Second Amendment in February of 2017 when I signed legislation nullifying an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rule that would have allowed the IRS to conduct mental health investigations of Social Security recipients and turn their names over to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

In addition to administrative steps, I look forward to working with Congress to pass laws that will protect the Second Amendment from Federal overreach in the future. These laws will hopefully serve to further protect this key constitutional right.

Thank you again for writing. As President, I am steadfastly committed to protecting your rights and the security of our Nation."

I think the Omnibus Spending Bill wiped out the IRS rule correction though, so what, exactly, has been done other than an attack on the 2nd?
Old March 29, 2018, 09:51 AM   #2
spawndn72

I got the exact same email today as well.
Old March 29, 2018, 04:25 PM   #3
danco

Same here. At least it wasn't just a tweet...