The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 20, 2018, 09:48 PM   #1
Dylan7432

I need details about this shotgun please

I got this shotgun from by dad and I use to compete with at my school. After competing for a bit I realized I need to get a modified choke for trap shooting. Looking futher into I cannot find the right size choke to get for my specific gun. Its a navy arms brand and has a skeet and improved cylinder currently in the over and under. The choke is 1 5/8" in length and the thread starts towards end of barrel, 5/8" away from it. I cannot find these dimensions in any brand to buy a choke.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3542.JPG (148.1 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3541.JPG (206.6 KB, 51 views)
Old February 20, 2018, 10:00 PM   #2
ammo.crafter

Go Navy

If it was made in Italy, it should have an Italian "catalogue number" somewhere on it, if not the actual name of the manufacturer (likely Pietta); they may be marked on the inside of the shotgun, visible only after you take off the forearm and separate the barrels from the receiver.

Contact Navy Arms via the internet for additional info.
Old February 20, 2018, 10:04 PM   #3
Dylan7432

Check out this thread

https://thefiringline.com/forums/arc...?t-395081.html

So my gun is very similar to this guys gun and the details he explained match my numbers.
Old February 20, 2018, 10:10 PM   #4
FITASC

I doubt Navy Arms is the actual maker, more likely the distributor/retailer. There should be proof marks, hopefully with the maker listed.
Otherwise, call Briley :Phone 1-800-331-5718

And ask them. If anyone makes chokes, it will be them. You might also want to consider an IM choke
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old February 20, 2018, 10:20 PM   #5
Dylan7432

Thanks

Okay thanks guys. I'll give them a call in and look in to IM choke. Let me know if you come up with any other info.