The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 4, 2010, 08:16 PM   #1
jnestle

loaddata.com question

I was wondering if any of you subscribe to loaddata.com and if you feel the subscription is worth the fee. It seems to have a wealth of load data.

thanks in advance,

JN
Old April 5, 2010, 12:38 AM   #2
jmortimer

I do and really like it. There are so many loads and they add more all the time. Much of the information cannot be found anywhere else. For example I wanted to find load info for .357 mag 148 grain DEWC and presto. Since I just got rid of my "Old" Vaquero I was looking for some mild +P .45 Colt loads in 20 k psi range for my "New" Vaquero - there it was. Yes the info is out there but it is so easy to go online for new load data. For less than $5.00 per month I get online subscriptions to Load Data, Handloader, Rifle, and Successful Hunter. That is a good deal for access to Load Data and six issues of each of the three magazines (18 total issues). What more could a shooter/reloader want.

Last edited by jmortimer; April 5, 2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old April 5, 2010, 08:01 AM   #3
SL1

A couple questions:

1. Are the loads in the database the same as the ones published in the magazines, or do they include more loads?

2. Are all, some, any of the loads in the database pressure-tested?

(As you can probably guess, I am a long-time subscriber to Handloader, but have not (yet?) subscribed to the on-line database.

SL1
Old April 5, 2010, 09:24 AM   #4
jmortimer

Much of the information comes directly from Handloader. If you have carefully saved info from the mags then it may not be as useful to you. You could always go for a single year subscription and print out what you need and then drop it for awhile and do it again a few years later. The information is definitely not just a generic reprint of powder/bullet manufacturer info like the photocopy load books which I like as well but quit buying now that I have Load data. With all I get for around $48.00 per year I can do away with any other mags as Rifle covers rifles and Handloader covers revolvers and more and Load Data is constantly growing. Again, for me with a "New" Vaquero there is no other place for reloading for that gun as most just leave it at SAAMI and the gun can take more. Same for USAA single actions. It is worth it for that alone.

Last edited by jmortimer; April 5, 2010 at 09:33 AM.