The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 2, 2002, 08:41 PM   #1
Mike H

ATF Sniffers start checking up

Just got through reading a thread on another site where a guy who had dared to make 2 or 3 firearms purchases in one visit to his local gun store was called on by 2 ATF stooges.

They claimed that post 9/11 security meant that additional checks on multiple purchases were now necessary.

I'm sure if I was thrown up against a wall and frisked without "cause" I would hear those same words.

Those f*****g Arabs have given every Federal fascist wannabee just the excuse they always needed to remove all our liberty for the sake of our security.

Can't anyone see that this is how you let them win.

Maybe its me.

Mike H
Old August 2, 2002, 09:12 PM   #2
Ledbetter

No, it's them.

Any excuse will do, and they got a doozie last September. Stay tuned, it can only get worse.
Old August 3, 2002, 12:38 AM   #3
PATH

Do you have a warrant? No. Let me call my attorney and then we can talk in his presence. I have nothing further to say. Good day!
No, you may not come in my house. Although some in the government may forget the following still applies.....

Government of the the people, by the people, and for the people

If I have done nothing criminal and you have no warrant you can go pound salt. Damn Schumerites!

'How MacPherson Held The Floor'
Old August 3, 2002, 01:23 AM   #4
blades67

I thought you had a new tool for checking tranny fluid.

I hunt, therefore I am.
Old August 3, 2002, 03:14 PM   #5
Waitone

Hopefully you got the names and badge numbers of those bATF types.

Write letters to you elected representives DAMANDING to know why you were roused.

The bigger the stink at the congressional level the more effective your bitch.
Old August 4, 2002, 12:06 AM   #6
biere

I read one of these before and never could decide if it was real or a spoof. It was a couple months back at least, and yep on a different sight than this one.

I am known for going in to look at a new gun, and getting it and while letting them call me in to see if I am me, I wander to the used case. Usually I wander off with 2 guns, and each time I have gotten it all on one paper cause I decided I wanted it before they got anywhere on the phone.

I have no clue if that matters or not.

Though I have not done it since 9/11, I did do one end of last august.

Except I have done one gun in one store and one in another in the same few days earlier this year.

No calls or checks yet, I feel left out. Doesn't anyone want to play?
Old August 4, 2002, 04:53 AM   #7
JoLLyRoGr

I would like to see them prove to me that they have any lawful jurisdiction outside of washington DC. I guess they do since you are made to sign that yellow batf form in order to purchase a firearm. The yellow form brings you under their control. I don't remember the constitution mentioning anything about a yellow form having to be signed in order to receive our rights. Isnt it great to live in a 'free' country?
Old August 4, 2002, 03:37 PM   #8
youngun

Quote:
Can't anyone see that this is how you let them win.
I get tired of hearing this.
No offense, bud, but this has nothing to do with "them" winning or not.
What "they" want, as they have made clear, is for us to get our asses and ammo out of their business.
We blew up the Al Shefah medical facility, we bombed that building in Libya (was it?), we support the Saudis - both politically and militarily - even though they are a monarchy with nothing even resembling a Bill of Rights (as evidenced by the masses of poor), etc. and etc.

They could not give the tiniest freaking bit whether we become a fascist military regime.

This latter bit is from an entirely different, though increasingly interwoven, plot and it is important not to confuse the two.

[url/stepping off soapbox/url]