The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 17, 2014, 09:56 PM   #1
SVTCobra306

Thumbs Up for Lee Precision!

So the other day I had a primer jam in my safety primer feed on my Lee Classic Cast turret press.. it wouldn't come out so I pulled the bottom of the primer feed apart. Of course the last I saw of the return spring was a flash as it flew over my shoulder into the wild blue yonder..

Called them today to find out a replacement cost and shipping, just to see, and they are sending me a new spring, no charge Thumbs up in my book!
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Old June 18, 2014, 11:11 AM   #2
mikld

It's refreshing to read a positive post about Lee...
Old June 18, 2014, 11:24 AM   #3
jpeschken

Lee Service

Lee Service was good to me too. My Autodisk arrived with the hopper cracked. They sent me a new hopper without argument. It arrived 2 days after I called.
Old June 18, 2014, 12:06 PM   #4
Mike Irwin
Staff

I've never had a problem at all with Lee when I've reached out to them.

I've been using their products for years.

With a few exceptions of products that I don't like, and a general dislike of their documentation, I think they manufacture great products for a very reasonable price.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old June 18, 2014, 12:29 PM   #5
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Virtually all my reloading equipment is Lee, with the exception of a few body dies and an RCBS Chargemaster scale.

I have been happy with their products, although I've often said that they're ideas are great but their implementation tends to be lacking. Their dies especially the collet neck dies) often need finishing work to operate correctly/smoothly.

My one experience with the customer service was lacking. I bought a 10mm carbide sizing set. Right out of the box, something was wrong with the sizing ring. I don't know if the carbide is just a coating and a section was missed or it needs to be polished or what but there was a section that was very rough. Looked kind of rusted. Maybe unfinished, I don't know, but it scratched the hell out of cases.

I called and was transferred to some guy. He sounded either half asleep or at least preoccupied and indifferent. His response was that I could mail it back to them, include returning shipping and they'd send me another one.

I was not pleased with that solution.
Old June 18, 2014, 06:03 PM   #6
Clark

The sweetheart customer service at RCBS and Brownells always make me sick.

Lee almost always tells me to drop dead when it is my own fault. I like Lee.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old June 18, 2014, 08:54 PM   #7
Jay24bal

The only experience I have had with Lee's Customer Service was positive.

One of the tabs snapped off the small primer tray lid for my priming tool. All they asked was that I send them a picture of the damaged one, and they sent me one free of charge.

I do wonder why they use such flimsy plastic for a part that is under stress every time you put on/take off the primer tray lid though.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "
Old June 22, 2014, 03:15 PM   #8
Reloader2

I've had good customer service from Lee and RCBS.
I stripped out the screw holes on a powder hopper and they sent me a new one for free even after I explained it was clearly my fault and I was just looking to buy a replacement.

I messed up an expanding ball on my 264 die and RCBS sent me a complete rod assembly for no cost.
Old June 22, 2014, 07:15 PM   #9
bedbugbilly

Another "thumbs up" for Lee. I use a lot of their equipment/products and have always been very pleased with it. They've made reloading affordable for a lot of folks and they provide good service.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old June 23, 2014, 10:08 AM   #10
Jim243

Quote:
I've never had a problem at all with Lee when I've reached out to them.
I've been using their products for years.
Same here, I haven't talked to Mrs. Lee in over 5 years hope she's well, just don't **** her off. You are dealing with a family run business.

Jim
Old June 23, 2014, 06:19 PM   #11
CarJunkieLS1

I broke a Lee Universal decapping pin the next day after I bought it. I don't mean bent I mean BROKE! Also I discovered that the collet that holds the pin in the die was crossthreaded. I damaged it beyond repair trying to remove the pin. I called Lee and they had me e-mail them a picture of the broken pin and the crossthreaded collet. I received a new collet, die, and pin in 3 days.

I have had great customer service from Lee and RCBS.
Old June 24, 2014, 05:21 AM   #12
Brotherbadger

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Lee. The fact that they are an in state business makes it all the better.

http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " badger "
Old June 29, 2014, 06:48 PM   #13
LarryFlew

Ditto big time. Have a LOT of Lee product and have gotten at least 10 freebies over the years. IE, Save up broken pins and send pic and description and always get replacements.
Old June 29, 2014, 08:23 PM   #14
Wreck-n-Crew

I have had good success from my lee presses etc. Value comes to mind along with CS.
Old June 29, 2014, 08:41 PM   #15
StripesDude

I just got into reloading about three months ago. In addition to the price, the customer service reputation of Lee is why I bought Lee equipment.
Old June 30, 2014, 02:47 AM   #16
skizzums

if it wasnt for lee products, i may not have even started reloading, def not casting

surely they arent the best stuff, but its good products that work and that i can afford, i am a very loyal lee customer and have no issues with any of the products i own, which is alot
Old July 2, 2014, 09:06 AM   #17
A pause for the COZ

LEE's Classic cast series of presses are the best in class in my opinion.
100% cast and made in Wisc. ( as a Minnesotan I guess I can let that slide )
Plus they make them less expensive than any one else.

I have never used their customer service. Parts are cheap and I seem to be always ordering some thing. SO I just get spares.

They figured out the formula. Out side of China, no one else can do what they do.