The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old May 14, 2001, 11:44 AM   #1
Gary H

I don't mean the difference in the pistols. I want to try IDPA and wanted to use a P7M10. My wife was game, so we are getting her a Glock 35. The P7s currently compete in Stock, but when the new rule book comes out the P7s will be limited to Enhanced. What are the differences between these two groups? I don't mean equipment differences. Is the competition in Enhanced stiffer? Is the course different? Do all ranges that handle IDPA run both classifications, or do some just run the "Stock?"
Old May 14, 2001, 02:17 PM   #2
skevlar

Too many ques. at once for this old Dog. Course of fire is same for every Division & Classification. One significant difference is having to score higher {in the "Classifier"} to be ranked as, for example, "Sharpshooter" in ESP as opposed to SSP and same on up to CDP. Best to see: http://www.idpa.com/idparulebook030100.htm

[Edited by skevlar on 05-14-2001 at 03:38 PM]
Old May 14, 2001, 02:25 PM   #3
Gary H

Skevlar:

Thanks for the reply. It seems that moving to enhanced is of little concern if the course is the same, but we might not be ranked as high. We are just interested in the competition for fun and practice, so I don't see the tougher rankings as a problem. I did see the tougher enhanced scoring upon reading the posted rules.

I would guess that both the "Stock" and "Enhanced" compete together, but scores are considered separately. If so, that works for me. Amy can compete in "Stock" and I'll compete in "Enhanced."