The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 27, 2012, 06:28 PM   #1
Mac Sidewinder

A Reason to Travel!

On my last visit to my son in Cedar Rapids, IA I happen to see a site that just caused me to start drooling! A Midwest Shooting Supply store! We just had to stop and buy a few things.

There I stood looking at a wall of various powders, primers, and bullets. Oh my, I'm sure I looked like an idiot to the sales person. The prices were the same as online and no hazmat fees! I picked up a couple pounds of powder, and some bullets and when I paid I didn't have to show my FOID card either! Damn you Illinois.

I will have to visit my son more often. It will make my wife happy and my son and I might have to disappear for an hour or so each visit to "get some milk".

Mac
Old October 28, 2012, 12:40 AM   #2
snuffy

Huh?----http://shop.mwshooters.com/Default.aspx

Oh I see midwest not midwestERN. Thought you was lost there for a second!

Midwestern has a few guns, ammo, components, lots of fishing, archery, indoor pistol range---on and on. Best part is,,--it's only about a 90 mile round trip.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?
Old October 28, 2012, 02:37 AM   #3
Rangefinder

Yup--I know the feeling. Once in a while when we jump over the Divide and visit Colorado Springs I stand in Sportsman's Warehouse powder isle for an hour just hoping I might soak some of the glory in that will last me till the next trip. I try to buy most things locally--the guy that has the only reloading stuff for 60 miles is a pretty good friend, but is pretty limited. Seeing an entire isle floor to top shelf all the way down the length with just powder and primers is awe-striking...

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Politicians.
Old October 28, 2012, 11:17 AM   #4
Clark

I left to go target practice and hunt 2 weeks ago.
I stopped by Cabella's in Idaho on I90 to get a couple pounds of H4895.
They were the only place on my 888 mile trip that had it in stock.
That 888 miles trip takes 15 hours of driving, so I could not linger in the store, but the place was full of distractions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cabella's Idaho on I90 10-12-2012.jpg (141.8 KB, 23 views)
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old October 30, 2012, 06:51 AM   #5
Bailey Boat

I just finished a hunting trip to Wisconsin and HAD to stop in Midwest Shooters to ogle the goods and a damned 870 Wingmaster in 28 ga followed me home!!! I had to let it stay since it can't travel back by itself, the least I could do for it....