The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 31, 2012, 05:50 PM   #26
Nanuk

Ya, I hear all the time where someone is shot in the chest with a .22lr and goes home to sleep it off.

I have stated my experience, What experience do you have that leads you to doubt me?
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.
Old May 31, 2012, 09:27 PM   #27
Jammer Six

Nobody has good aim under fire.

Large caliber, center mass, or failing all that, suppressive fire.

If you're carrying a cap gun, beg.
Old June 1, 2012, 05:40 AM   #28
seeker_two

A LEO I knew advised me to treat anything smaller than .380ACP like it was pepper spray....aim for the face, use until empty, and retreat at the soonest opportunity....

Still seems like good advice....
Old June 1, 2012, 07:08 AM   #29
skoro

Shot placement for small caliber pistols

Shouldn't it be center of mass regardless of caliber?
Old June 1, 2012, 10:45 AM   #30
Seaman

After a 37 day manhunt, S. Eizember, average height and build, fugitive and killer, kidnapped a couple at gunpoint, Doctor S. Peebles and his wife. Dr. Peebles shot the fugitive 4 times, with a 22 cal revolver, 3 hits to the chest (center of mass). The bullets did not faze Eizember, who then forcefully disarmed the doctor, all the time staying alert and angry, then pistol whipped the doctor with a 380 pistol, and then pointed his pistol at the wife and pulled the trigger, the 380 jammed, so Eizember struck the wife in the head knocking her to the pavement, leaving the couple battered and bleeding, the fugitive fled the scene, driving the Peeble's vehicle.

Eizember, tho seriously wounded, leaking blood from three 22 cal holes in his chest, continued driving, stopped at a convenience store and robbed it for medical supplies, left, continued driving, and was later finally stopped by police in a routine traffic check in Corrigan, Texas.

This is just one example of many small caliber handgun failures to stop a determined attacker.

Mousegun tactics are different, takes a skilled (or lucky) fighter to use mouseguns successfully.

“A LEO I knew advised me to treat anything smaller than .380ACP like it was pepper spray....aim for the face, use until empty…” [seeker two]

Pretty much what I tell my wife, she prefers 25 ACP.
Old June 1, 2012, 05:30 PM   #31
BikeNGun1974

My problem with the "shoot for the groin" theory is that with today's dress style, it would be really hard to pick out where that is in relation to the low hanging loose denim and oversized shirts.