The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 29, 2004, 01:13 PM   #1
Bob Thompson

New members

Just wondering why there seems to be so many new members here in the last year. Economy, political or just plain shooting interest? Like some others I went over to "TheHighRoad" for a while while we were down but came back as soon as we were back up and now go to both as well as many other more specific sites. I think this is still the best general shooting site around. What do you all think is the reason for so many newbies. Thanks, Bob
Old November 29, 2004, 01:18 PM   #2
Avizpls

After a web site gets "so" big, the ease of finding it increases. I think there are just as many people interested as ever, but consider that (the new found probability of finding the site) and the demographics. A lot of the new shooters (self included) are by virtue in thier twenties and probably proficient with a PC. Therefore the amount of shooters in the US might stay the same, but a greater percentage of us find ourselves online.
Old November 30, 2004, 03:37 AM   #3
xmastree

I joined this year, can't remember exactly why...

I think I found the forum whilst googling for information. I only got into shooting this year.
Old November 30, 2004, 12:17 PM   #4
tyme
Staff

The phase of the moon and/or the alignment of the stars are usually good explanations.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old December 9, 2004, 01:02 AM   #5
38splfan

Happened to Google into it.

Got "Googled" over here, and have been hooked ever since. I am 21 years old and have been shooting since I was eight. Mostly just interest.
Old December 11, 2004, 02:22 AM   #6
sarmstrong806

I just turned 21 so I got interested in buying my own handgun. I've had many shotguns and rifles but handguns sparked my interest to become involved.

Found TFL referred to in the PistolSmith forum. Forums are truly great online resources.
Old December 11, 2004, 11:17 AM   #7
bill k

I was looking for an answer to a question about bullet seating a few days ago. I stumbled on this site and was surprised to get such an indept and accurate explanation. I was sure I new the answer, but the information I got explained the ifs, ands, and whys of the question.

Last edited by bill k; December 12, 2004 at 07:09 PM.
Old December 12, 2004, 06:58 PM   #8
mill hunky

hi bob, i`m a new member and i was on 3 different times yesterday, spent total about 4 hours just reading the different forums. got a few answers on a post. i `m glad i found TFL , and there is a lot of info and help on he site. thinking that i`m lucky to participate with something we all have an interest in.