The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 7, 2007, 07:08 PM   #1
Mags

Just ordered a Milt Sparks Holster.

I just ordered a Milt Sparks VMII IWB holster for my M7P 40c. I've heard grat things about these holsters. Just have to sit tight...... they are 20-26 weeks away from delivery....Holy Sh%@. Thats a long time!
Old September 7, 2007, 08:00 PM   #2
P97

Congratulations!!! You won't regret it. I have had one for a couple of years and I ordered my second one for a different gun. I got the horsehide one and I love them. They are the most comfortable carry that I have and I have several different types of carry holsters.
Old September 8, 2007, 11:14 PM   #3
Daniel BOON

wise choice.

I've had several....none better from where I'm standing.
Old September 8, 2007, 11:44 PM   #4
GotGlock19

I get mine in november, i was quoted 26 weeks. You'll forget about it after a while untril a thread like this pops up.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. -Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
Old September 9, 2007, 01:21 AM   #5
GodblessAmerica

I agree with the above, there are no better holsters than Milt Sparks. I'm always one to try to get the best bang for the buck, but in my experience you'll forget the cost of them when you use them. Man that wait is really long, though, and only seems to get longer over time...
Old September 9, 2007, 07:35 AM   #6
Capt. Dixie

Milt Sparks

The Milt Sparks group makes some great holsters. If you really want to wait on a holster try ordering one from Matt DelFatti where the wait can be over 2 years.
Old September 9, 2007, 08:43 AM   #7
Kreyzhorse

You are kidding! I can't imagine waiting for 26 weeks or longer for a holster. I hope buy a Colt XSE in a few months and was going to up grade from my usual Bianchi and Galco holsters to a Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen, or DelFatti. I'll have to consider my angle of attack on this one further.
Old September 9, 2007, 03:30 PM   #8
RBK
Registration in progress

you will be old and grey by the time it arrives.

for the life of me, I simply can not understand why Sparks will not add the needed resources to make holsters in a timely manner, say, three weeks.

This is the year 2007 for God's sake. Our defense contractors can fabricate, test and deliver a combat jet fighter in less time than it take MS to make ONE lousy holster.

Go figure
Old September 9, 2007, 04:20 PM   #9
Mags

I agree! And I hope by the time my holster is ready that I still ,like, have the gun its made for!!
Old September 9, 2007, 05:53 PM   #10
svenrh

20 something weeks is a long time for a Milt Sparks, but if you saw how they make holsters and the level of expertise and time put into YOUR holster, you would better understand and appreciate not seeing the high tech equipment and other things that would make it go faster. AS far as adding people, their holster makers are as good as it gets, and are extremely trained. It's an art to them, not a science.
Old September 9, 2007, 07:53 PM   #11
BikerRN

"for the life of me, I simply can not understand why Sparks will not add the needed resources to make holsters in a timely manner, say, three weeks."

Quality takes time. One thing about Tony Kanaley and Milt Sparks, they are very good about getting the product out when they say they will. You can't say that about all the holstermakers out there.

I have a Del Fatti OWB and I'm waiting on an IWB. I am willing to wait for that one, no matter how long it takes. Right now, September 2007 Matt Del Fatti is working on November 2005 orders. I had an order in with another "known" holstermaker and was told "three to four months", I cancelled my order after eight months.

I am aware of Matt Del Fatti's time frame, so I have no problem with that. It is the inability of some holstermakers to honestly project their timeframe that irks me.

Biker
Old September 10, 2007, 07:55 AM   #12
GotGlock19

Sparks has added resources many times, and every time the lead drops, they get flooded with orders, bringing it back up. Its fine american craftmanship, not some cheap china knockoff so your stuck waiting.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. -Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
Old September 10, 2007, 12:08 PM   #13
OJ

I have used both the Milt sparks VM-2 and the Mitch Rosen ARG and, while both are good holsters, I really prefer the VM-2. The wait is at least half again as long for the ARG holster but, It is worth the extra wait and, in contrast, Milt Sparks doesn't put the charge on your card until they ship it to you. In addition, the Rosen will not only charge you on getting the order, but it will cost nearly 50% more.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
Old September 10, 2007, 01:35 PM   #14
parrothead2581

Love my Sparks. I can't add anything to what has already been said.

If you want a quality custom holster without the wait of a Sparks, Rosen, etc, try El Paso Saddlery. They've been around since 1889, I think that is correct. I believe the wait time is roughly 6-8 weeks. Reasonable prices. I like my "Double Agent."

Enjoy!