The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 13, 2000, 09:28 PM   #1
LASur5r

Gunslinger and Terri D. (spelling?)
I read an old thread where you mentioned what sounded like a pretty good BB (body belt) carry that you'all make.
Do you mind writing down the info again? And also how I might be able to purchase one from you all?
Thanks for the help and making what sounds like a pretty good product.
Old September 14, 2000, 12:53 AM   #2
Gunslinger

Ours are, for lack of a better description, an improved Bellyband. The inventor, an elderly man in Virginia, purchased a Bellyband and loved the concept but hated the inherent problems with the band itself. He set about to improve on the concept with very favorable results.
These will accomodate any handgun in your collection that does not have optics. (I carry a six inch model 29 Smith daily in mine and use a Desert Eagle as a demo at shows under a dress shirt.) They are American made using "breathable" surgical elastic and Velcro that is fully machine washable. They are a full five inches wide to prevent "roll over" and twisting and feature a spare magazine pouch. They incorporate a "cling" material immediately behind the gun which provides support for carry in any position on the torso, including traditional (arm pit) shoulder holster wear without the need for constant adjustment.
I have carried concealed for over twenty years and these are the most comfortable and best concealed rigs I have found. My only complaint is that they do carry the gun next to the body where it is exposed to prespiration.
They are $30, including shipping. If anyone is interested or would like additional info please feel free to Email me at [email protected] .
Old September 15, 2000, 05:00 PM   #3
LASur5r

Gunslinger and Terry D.,
Thanks for your quick response..I am sending the check to the both of you by snail mail....by that time, Terry D. hopefully will be already back from her trip.
Thanks, am looking forward using your BB.