The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Closed Thread

Old June 13, 2009, 11:02 AM   #1
Ozzieman

Civil war COLT, Medal of Honor, Signed document from Pres Lincoln awarding the medal.

I originally placed this in the Curios and relics forum but I think this might be a better location so I copied it here.
Thank you for putting up with my mistakes

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362535
Old June 15, 2009, 07:53 AM   #2
PetahW

The exact details (w/clear digi pics) - i.e., Colt serial number, CMOH date/name, and as much of the CW vet's history is available - should be recorded and shown to the curator(s) of one or more historically significant museums, like The Smithstonian; and to prominent auction houses like Southby's.

There are also CMOH societies, that would be more than happy to assist, I'm sure.

http://www.cmohs.org/

I'm sure a much more consice evaluation would result, than from internet guesses of an un-illustrated post/question.

Old June 17, 2009, 09:39 AM   #3
Mike Irwin
Staff

Curios and relics is a fine place for it becuase you've got a lot more traffic over there.

If, however, you want the thread in another forum, DO NOT simply open a duplicate. That is very heavily frowned upon.

PM one of the moderators and ask that it be moved.

I'm closing this as a duplicate.

If you want it moved, PM me and I'll move it.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread