The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old July 27, 2007, 08:15 AM   #1
Huntergirl

Senior....pitiful.

I sold a handgun to Senior. He then decides to try to trade it for something else. OK no prob, but he has prospective traders pm'ing me for the original pics I sent to him. I don't have time to be your Lackey. You should have saved the pictures or get you own camera.
Old July 27, 2007, 10:18 AM   #2
senior
Member In Memoriam

PICS

Huntress I Told No One To Pm U For Pics, If They Did It Was Only Because I Told One That I Had No Pics Of The Gun "but" That There Was One From The Person Who Had Just Sold It To Me the week before On "firing Line". I Expect No One To Be My "lackey", I Was Unaware That I Was Forbidden To Let Someone Know From Where I Purchased The Gun! Rest Assured I'll Not Mention Ur Name Again, Or Even Tell Anyone That I Got The Gun On That Site! I Trust That Will Ease Your Feelings That I Was In Anyway "using" You To Promote A Sale!! GEEZZ !!!!!! BY THE WAY, THERE WAS ONLY ONE (1) PROSPECTIVE BUYER WHO CONTACTED ME, SO IT COULD ONLY HAVE BEEN THAT ONE (1) WHO CONTACTED U, NOT SEVERAL AS U STATED, so, if u feel this need to bash someone, please, at least get the facts stright before hand!! once more thank you!

Last edited by senior; July 27, 2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old July 28, 2007, 10:28 AM   #3
Hanzerik

I'm here to defend senior and to say that I was the one asking for a picture. Yes, I PM'd HUNTRESS asking if she still had a picture, and if so could she shoot it to my email. What I get is a beat down...rude, insulting, and just generally unfriendly is the vibe I got from her messages.

I'm not active on the fireline as much as I am on other firearms forums so maybe this is against the rules, but here are the PMs sent between myself and Huntress showing that I nicely (IMHO) asked for pictures and was then hammered for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzerik
Hey Huntress, I'm wondering if you still have pics of that XD9SC you sold. I'm looking to trade a XD9 Service for it because it didn't fit him.

I see your in Wyoming, Cheyenne? If so did you use a FFL in town to ship it, or did you ship it yourself?

I'm in Cheyenne and use Avenue Antiques for my transfers up from Colorado, but I have never had one shipped one to someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTRESS
It was sold a long time ago, sorry.
13 Days is a "long time ago"? Ok, at this point I'm thinking she is confused and thinks that I wanted to buy the firearm from her, so I send another clarifying that I knew it was sold, but the individual I was dealing with did not have pictures.

Quote:
Yep, I know it was sold. I'm trading another pistol for it to the guy you sold it to down in Texas. He didn't have pictures, but said maybe you still did.

If you still have any pictures of it you can send them to [email protected] Thanks.
Quote:
Go away.
Quote:
No need to be like that, I was just asking if you still had pictures of it. No matter, both firearms are in the mail, I guess I'll just have to go on good faith that it is in decent shape.

Thanks anyway, and sorry for bugging you.
Quote:
Very poor taste to ask the former owner for pics. You are not doing business with me, but with him. he should be the one to give the pics. Do you need a dollar to buy a clue? Oh, I forgot you're from Wyoming....clueless. If you didn't want to bug me, you wouldn't have sent another PM, Jerk.
Ok, this was my FIRST online firearms trade/sale/buy, so maybe I'm not up to speed on the “Etiquette” of online dealings, but I do not think asking a former owner if they still have pictures of a firearm that they had sold only 13 days earlier was in "poor taste". And the Wyoming thing; I'm not "from" Wyoming, I am Stationed in Wyoming due to the Military, but will likely retire next year and stay here. And saying people from Wyoming are "clueless" is kind of a silly thing for her to say since she is also from Wyoming. Being called a Jerk...my wife of 17 years says it all the time

So in defense of senior; not everybody has a digital camera and can post pics. He gave a nice review of HUNTRESS on his purchase of this particular firearm from her so I THOUGHT she would have been open to sending me a picture of it since he couldn't. I guess I thought wrong.

Oh well. Senior seems like a genuinely nice fella from my conversations with him on the phone. He was really quick on answering any emails I sent and was very fast on getting his pistol in the mail.
Old July 28, 2007, 10:42 AM   #4
senior
Member In Memoriam

badmouthing

Thank you for the kind words Hanzerik, Isuppose we all will evenually run into rude and insulting persons in life, it really just floored me though as she seemed so nice and polite DURING our transaction, i suppose after she received her money she saw no reason to continue her charade of being nice, Oh well, takes all kinds! Your remark of ur wife's calling u "jerk" for 17 years is as bad as mine calling me unprintable names over the past 40+ years! LOL
Old July 28, 2007, 12:10 PM   #5
BerettaBuckeye

Just wanted to chime in here, I too have dealt with Senior and found him to be nothing but a gentleman at every stage of the transaction. I have no idea what went on in this case or who did what but in my experience the guy is aces
- Jeff Cooper
Old July 28, 2007, 01:07 PM   #6
senior
Member In Memoriam

kind words

thank u buckeye for your added kind words, as det. Harry Calahan of "dirty harry might say, " u just helped make my day" Thanks again!! (OF COURSE I STILL SAY U.T. (TEXAS) IS BEST! LOL
Old July 28, 2007, 02:06 PM   #7
Wildalaska

Quote:
I don't have time to be your Lackey
Thats pretty dang rude over nothing.

WildjustanobservationAlaska
Old July 28, 2007, 02:09 PM   #8
senior
Member In Memoriam

lackey

pay for my fare and housing to that beautiful state and i'll be your lackey anyday!! LOL
Old July 28, 2007, 04:23 PM   #9
theinvisibleheart

in order for market to work

people need to help each (buyers and sellers). --John
Old July 28, 2007, 05:00 PM   #10
senior
Member In Memoriam

help

i couldn't agree more with you, just some make it very hard to deal with
Old July 28, 2007, 05:13 PM   #11
Mal H
Staff

There's probably been enough feed and feedback on this one. I've gotta say there was some pretty rude comments exhibited by what is otherwise a usually friendly shooter. Did anyone else just hear a backfire?
Closed Thread