The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old April 19, 2005, 10:47 PM   #1
crashland73

We Need A User Feedback Forum

Just like the retailer forum we need a specific individual trader forum. That way everyone can tell who is and who aint a good trader. On another forum, non gun, by each name when you post you have a rating. Or you can click on a persons name and they are rated only by people that have done trades. If you would like to check it out type in or copy and paste; www.rcuniverse.com and do some serfin and you will se how it is done. Mod's, I would think this would be a good idea. If you need more info just email me and I would be more than happy to help you see what I mean. thanks
Old April 22, 2005, 07:52 PM   #2
tyme
Staff

Do we? Why not just ask the seller/buyer for references?
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old April 22, 2005, 08:10 PM   #3
crashland73

Refrences are like a child if they ate the chocolate and they say no but there it is all over there face. They think no one see's it but there it is. LOL! What I mean is it would be a good thing to have, for a peice of mind. A guy can say (who lives 6 or more states away) that my next door neighbor can vouch for me or someone on this or other boards could vouch for them but how can you tell if they arent just friends or payed off to say it? Most places I deal with have it to when you sell something you get rated by each other who was in the sale. Then when someone sees what you have for sale then they feel better seeing that you have a few positive feedbacks when they are about to fork over anywhere from $50 to $500. I havent had no bad dealings here, in fact I just bought 2 Ruger factory folding stocks from only pictures. One from here and one from another site. I just held my breth, asked the good Lord to help me not get screwed and so far so good. I got them both without a hitch. Anyway, it is just a thought. A good thought for those who wish to have a piece of mind.
Old April 22, 2005, 09:13 PM   #4
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashland73
Most places I deal with have it to when you sell something you get rated by each other who was in the sale.
We have a forum for feedback called the Retail Deals and Feedback Forum. Though not specifically intended for feedback on private transactions, some members do leave feedback on their fellow members when a transaction has either pleased or upset them.

If the mission of TFL was to match up buyers and sellers, I could see having a rating system. Since it's not, we don't.

I hope this answers your question.

-Dave
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old April 23, 2005, 07:22 AM   #5
crashland73

Just forget it. The other forums I am talking about arent for just sellers and buyers either. They have a HUGE selection for all but nevermind.
Old April 23, 2005, 07:32 AM   #6
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Crashland-
OK, you've convinced us to take a second look at this.

The software we use is vBulletin. Get together a group of programmers to create a hack and we'll review, test and, perhaps, install.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer that we do it, you can PayPal us the necessary funds for development and we'll get right on it. Email me for a pricing proposal.

Looking forward to the improvement.
Rich
Old April 23, 2005, 05:07 PM   #7
crashland73

HAR DE HAR! seriously though, forget it.
Old April 23, 2005, 08:11 PM   #8
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Yup.
I figgered, once we got down to brass tacks, you might forget it.
Take what's given free with a simple "thank you" for the value received. Giving back requires your own effort.
Rich
Old April 23, 2005, 09:21 PM   #9
crashland73

whatever!
Old April 23, 2005, 09:57 PM   #10
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Appreciate the "Thank you".
Wanna push it a bit?
Rich
Old April 23, 2005, 10:21 PM   #11
dasmi

Ahh! I love the way people say things on a forum they wouldn't in person.
It's always good for a chuckle.
Old April 24, 2005, 05:21 PM   #12
crashland73

listen sucker, email me direct and I can give you my directions to my place. i aint no coward. I aint too big either. only 5'8" 175lbs soaking wet. So if you feel froggy come on over, just email me. I thought I would try an idea, that is what this forum is all about. So big man come on. All you know is keyboard kungfoo. (not you dasmi) I doubt I will be replying any time soon, I just unsubscribed from this battle of wits with an unarmed person such as yourself.
Old April 24, 2005, 08:29 PM   #13
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

ROTFLMAO! For real!
Old April 24, 2005, 09:07 PM   #14
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Old April 25, 2005, 09:02 AM   #15
sm

<scratches head>

Born , raised, living in AR. THIS Southern Gentleman was taught when on another's property - to respect the Property Owner's Wishes.

My Elders and Mentors taught me, to listen, pay attention. Reading Folks by the way they carried themselves, would advise me as to whether doing bidness,hunting, fishing with them was safe for me to do so.

Pitching in to mend a fence, bailing hay, blowing up Beaver dams just something one does to repay the courtesy to use the property.
Old April 26, 2005, 11:52 AM   #16
1BadF350

Quote:
listen sucker, email me direct and I can give you my directions to my place. i aint no coward. I aint too big either.
I gots me an ideer. Lets have us a spelling contest.
Old April 26, 2005, 11:57 AM   #17
dasmi

Quote:
listen sucker, email me direct and I can give you my directions to my place. i aint no coward. I aint too big either. only 5'8" 175lbs soaking wet. So if you feel froggy come on over, just email me. I thought I would try an idea, that is what this forum is all about. So big man come on. All you know is keyboard kungfoo. (not you dasmi) I doubt I will be replying any time soon, I just unsubscribed from this battle of wits with an unarmed person such as yourself.
Ya Rich! Be a man!! Go fight him!!
Old April 26, 2005, 02:24 PM   #18
Mal H
Staff

Ok, folks, nothing to see here. Let's move on.
Closed Thread