The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 16, 2006, 12:10 PM   #76
Unclenick
Staff

You are no more likely to have a primer go off re-seating in a loaded round than you are to have them go off when you seat them in empty cases in the first place. That said, I have certainly seen primers go off in the old style Lee Loaders, so I wouldn't simply dismiss the possibility. Wear glasses and hold the thing out at arm's length, away from flammable substances and surfaces and a point it in a safe direction when doing this; just like mom would say, in case you might put someone's eye out.

Nick
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old October 18, 2006, 11:50 AM   #77
Nephilim-777

I received my order that was placed on 9/29 yesterday. I will order from them again, but with the expectation they do take 3 to 4 weeks to deliver. If you order copperized bullets, it may take longer. The 200g LSWC I ordered appear to be of very good quality.
Old October 18, 2006, 11:04 PM   #78
BluesBear

Location: Mill Creek, Washington (The Great Pacific NorthWet)
Quote:
The 200g LSWC I ordered appear to be of very good quality.
Were these .45 bullets?

I'm still waiting for the plated and unplated 200gr SWC 45s that I ordered months ago.

The "Fashion Calibers" seem to come and go but when all is said and done everybody comes back to the forty-five.
(Chris Curino - Kimber Mfg. Co.)

Old October 19, 2006, 10:14 AM   #79
JoeHatley

Quote:
If you order copperized bullets, it may take longer.
What an understatatement. I ordered in May of 2005 and finally cancelled 8 months later.

Joe

Last edited by JoeHatley; October 20, 2006 at 09:00 AM.
Old October 19, 2006, 10:28 AM   #80
Nephilim-777

Quote:
Were these .45 bullets?

I'm still waiting for the plated and unplated 200gr SWC 45s that I ordered months ago.
Yes, and not plated.

I would go here: http://www.nationalbullet.com/support.html, create a support ticket and ask that your un-plated bullets be shipped now. They obviously have them and your plated bullets are holding them back. I created two support tickets awaiting my order and received prompt replies each time.
Old October 19, 2006, 10:39 AM   #81
Plastic Cowboy

I bought a box of Berry's .45acp hardball a little while ago from Cabela's because they have such a great price. Haven't shot them yet but just examining the bullets in the box they seem to be very high quality.

Too bad about National Bullet. This really does smell like a looming bankruptcy. If it's not- then they have a serious public relations crisis because we reloaders are a relatively small community and with the intenet word travels fast!

I hope they survive this because we need good competition in the component manufacturing industry to keep prices in check and to provide a rich variety of products.
Old October 19, 2006, 02:21 PM   #82
Nephilim-777

This was posted about NBC on Glock Talk:

Quote:
I know what their problem is--after repeated problems and a canceled order I spoke to Alan at NBC last month--

There is only one copper plater in the Cleveland area and they are at his mercy. The EPA will not give them a permit to open their own copper plating plant, which they have tried to do repeatedly. They are stuck.

I think this whole business is slowly driving Ken and Alan nuts and giving them ulcers. They have been in business for 20+ years and are caught in a situation they can't fix.

If you order you just have to trust and wait--and hope that in the next "the bullets will be here soon from the plater" shipment your number will come up in the draw for shipping. -benedict1
Basically, don't purchase copperized bullets and expect them anytime soon.
Old October 19, 2006, 08:36 PM   #83
BluesBear

Quote:
Basically, don't purchase copperized bullets and expect them anytime soon.
Then why can't NBC explain why my unplated bullets were NOT sent?

And if plated bullets are all that hard to get then why did the order for 500 .410" 215 SWC plated and 500 .410" 2158gr SWC NOT-plated, arrive as 1000 ALL plated?
I was originally told the delay was because they didn't have ANY .410 bullets on hand.
So that would mean that those bullets were "made from scratch" sent out to be plated, gotten back and then shipped.

And why are they still offering up to 30% off on plated bullets?
Why not offer the deep discount on the bullets that they control from start to finish but not on stuff they don't have in hand?

Why not be up front with everyone?
I've tried to tell Ken that a little communication goes a long way.
But from what I'm seeing, everyone is being told a differtent story as to why it takes so long.

Personally I don't care all that much for plated bullets. If it wasn't for honchoing a group buy I wouldn't have ordered any plated.
I use lead primarily for range practice ammo and Keith type loads. Plated gives me no real advantage.
For ammo intended for serious social intercourse I use real jacketed bullets anyway.

The "Fashion Calibers" seem to come and go but when all is said and done everybody comes back to the forty-five.

Old October 19, 2006, 11:50 PM   #84
T-Bear

Quote:
Because they are a bunch of thieves, and are now in the business of robbing people. I suggest you pass the word around, if you haven't done so already.
And for the copper plater, well they should take off those bullets there website and DO ACCEPT MORE ORDERS. It's just common sense.
I don't care if they ever get there business right, I;ll never order from them again.
Old October 19, 2006, 11:53 PM   #85
DonR101395

Same here T-Bear
Old October 20, 2006, 02:13 PM   #86
Nephilim-777

Quote:
I don't know. They shipped my order separately, I don't see why they couldn't do the same for you. They also shipped via FedEx and I paid for the cheaper USPS flat rate shipping.

I am limiting my business with NBC to once fired brass and unplated 200gr LSWC's unless I can find a better deal elsewhere. I am quite pleased with my last order and if they can deliver within 3-4 weeks, I am fine knowing that in advance.

I did what most people reading this thread probably would not do and have placed another order with them. This time I have not been billed in advance.
Old October 20, 2006, 02:18 PM   #87
Nephilim-777

Quote:
Because they are a bunch of thieves, and are now in the business of robbing people.
I don't know about that, but I haven't been screwed around by them either. Maybe I'm playing with fire with this one.

Quote:
And for the copper plater, well they should take off those bullets there website and DO ACCEPT MORE ORDERS. It's just common sense.
Yes, I completely agree on that one.
Old April 3, 2007, 12:04 PM   #88
MarkRuschak

Don't know about you folks, but I ordered 1500 lead bullets in .40 cal on December 2006. Today is April 3rd of 2007. I have sent National Bullet numerous requests for ETD on these bullets. Their reply was no .40 cal available....come on, in lead. Funny, since their web site states 7-10 days for all orders. About 3 weeks ago, I called and asked for a refund and to forget the order. Well to make a long story short, no bullets and no refunds . Last time I'll ever do business with NBC.
Old April 8, 2007, 03:51 AM   #89
BluesBear

Thanks for reminding me of this.
I haven't sent them an e'mail since February so I just sent them another one.

I'm still waiting for those 1500 bullets that would be "sent in a couple of days" back in AUGUST!

Old April 8, 2007, 07:23 AM   #90
qajaq59

After reading all this I can't imagine ANYONE ordering from them....... Ever.
Old April 8, 2007, 09:24 AM   #91
RERICK

Frankly after reading these posts about them I am amazed that they are still around at all
Old April 8, 2007, 04:58 PM   #92
TEDDY

bullets

looks to me as this group should consider casting their own bullets this may get worst.
Old April 8, 2007, 08:05 PM   #93
Clark

What got me started with NBC was the Copperized feature that meant I could shoot at indoor ranges.

I no longer shoot at indoor ranges, so it doesn't matter.

I also liked the free shipping on big orders and the $5 sample orders.

But there are lots of places to buy bullets.
Old May 19, 2007, 10:59 AM   #94
MarkRuschak

New Bullet location found...NOT NATIONAL

Well after 5 months of constant nagging National Bullet, I finally got SOME bullets. My original order was 1000 .40 and 500 .45. I asked them if I could get 1500 of .40 instead and they keep the change. Well they finally came in, boxes crashed, but they came in...guess combining two type of bullets screwed up their calculators. Last time I'll ever do business with them.

Oh, BTW, I found a new bullet distributor and prices are lower than National and I received bullets in 4 working days. CheyCast Bullets out of Wyoming...here's the URL.. www.cheycast.com Their .40 180 gr TCFP bullets are $30 for 500/$50 for 1000 and $8.10 S&H up to 2000 in one order...Needless to say they have my business now.
Old May 19, 2007, 11:37 AM   #95
BluesBear

The last I heard from NBC was about a month ago when I nagged them once more about my missing bullets and other problems with the order.
Their reply was that they'd get them out at once.
Time to mke my monthly call.

Old May 19, 2007, 05:25 PM   #96
T-Bear

I see that NBC is still in the business of ripping off shooters.
If I ever pass through OHIO, I;ll be sure to stop on by and take by money back.
Old May 25, 2007, 12:47 PM   #97
craig hudson

NBC Suck!

I placed an order with National Bullet Co. on Dec. 24, 2006. They were having a big 25% off overstock sale. To me overstock means the product is ready and waiting to be shipped. Well waiting is right, I am still waiting. I have talked to Ken via long distance phones calls over 20 times and several un-answered e-mails. Ken is without a doubt the biggest liar and worst business man in Ohio. I was told I shipped your bullets, I am waiting for brass, I am waiting for lead, I issued you a refund check, I will ship your bullets today. It is a new lie everytime I call. I now have records of the cc bill and all phone records. I have contacted a lawyer and I am in the process of taking legal action. I urge all of you to do the same!

Craig
Old June 7, 2007, 02:13 PM   #98
markjan1000

Re: National Bullet Company

I've been struggling with the problems with National Bullet Co. for nine months now and finally got a call this week (6-5-07) from the Ohio Attorney General's Office about getting a refund for unshipped goods from National Bullet. They were handling 25 complaints from customers and the BBB had another 60 complaints. The local newspaper and the chamber of commerce in Eastlake, Ohio were no help at all so a word to the wise should be sufficient here. No more orders will be placed with National Bullet Company!
Old June 13, 2007, 09:00 PM   #99
Shooter451

National Bullet is to be Avoided!

I placed an order in May 2006 for 45 ACP reloads with National Bullet and when it was not received in two weeks attempted to get an answer on when the order would come. I was not concerned with them then as I had had satisfactory dealings twice before.

This time, they just ignored the service tickets on their site and never answered e-mail. Sometimes they claimed they were short of .45 ACP jacketed bullets and more were due in and the shipment would go out next week. I could never get a human to answer the phone and they never called back either. Anyway, the bottom line is that they finally agreed to send a refund on 21 May which, of course, is nowhere to be seen. They then claimed it was sent on June 6, but that, too, is a lie. I have tried the BBB of Cleveland, but National Bullet blew them off as well. Now I have filed with the AG of Ohio. Hopefully, they can get some movement and maybe put this guy out of business.

I don't care how long he claims to have been giving great service, His business service has gone into the toilet for sure! :barf:
Old June 15, 2007, 02:30 AM   #100
mrawesome22

Can't this thread be closed please?

I, and I'm sure many others, am very tired of this thread popping up every other week.:barf: