The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 19, 2002, 03:55 PM   #26
Carry24x7

Can't enter my home without breaking in, therefore I already instantly know you - you're the guy that just got shot.

If its the middle of the afternoon, broad daylight, and you brought me a pizza for advertising you're still shot, but I'm eating the pizza before I call the cops.

In South Florida its not a problem to carry a piece IWB-MoB under a t-shirt and a pocket gun. I do it frequently, its not a problem.
Old March 21, 2002, 01:49 PM   #27
ronin308

KSFreeman- "I've also heard young, nubile women like guys who carry lights around." C'est vrai mon ami! I've picked up countless chicks with my E2!
Old March 21, 2002, 03:47 PM   #28
KSFreeman

Ronin, yeah, chicks like a guy who follows rule #4 and is not in prison from the criminal proceedings or broke because of the civil trial!

You pick up chicks? I thought you were spoken for? If not, can we go to Harry's. You can introduce me as the OLDER brother to the young hotties.
Old March 21, 2002, 04:40 PM   #29
Futo Inu

CR Sam

Yeah, a couple years back I was looking at a Bianchi factory color holster catalog, and it showed two pictures of John Bianchi - One with him in a white tuxedo, looking pretty normal with a teensy bulge or two here and there under the tux if one looked closely. Then the next pics shows him with the jacket off - ol' boy was concealing 32 (that's thirty-two!) handguns on him at the same time, between pockets, ankles, shoulder holsters, sobs, etc. Coo...
Old March 21, 2002, 05:07 PM   #30
ronin308

KSFreeman- Really I don't pick up chicks...I wuz just teasing...I have a nice, beautiful fiancee who buys me guns so I'm set I don't think you'll have a problem getting chicks at Harry's. Just wear a shirt that lists your annual income and you'll be big pimping!
Old March 21, 2002, 05:46 PM   #31
Hemicuda

KSFreeman... "Ronin, yeah, chicks like a guy who follows rule #4 and is not in prison from the criminal proceedings or broke because of the civil trial!"

like I said, I CAN see... so I'm not violating rule #4...

and if they are in my house, it's illegal, and they are breaking and entering, presumably with the idea of doing great bodily harm...

also, if they're in the house, then the "R-Panel" closed cell foam and double 3/4" OSB walls are the backdrop,so that's pretty tight...

gun and car collector.
Rare cars, and rarer guns.
Old March 22, 2002, 07:49 AM   #32
KSFreeman

Hemi, I'm glad you trust your ultravision. Sadly not everyone can see in the dark.

Your house is not a free fire zone despite the bromides of the gunshop commandos. Don't forget that self-defense is an "affirmative defense" meaning you can claim all you wish but the prosecutor can still come after you, check local listings for likelihood. Further, the civil side is expensive--those darn lawyers.

Be careful. Know your target. Watch 6. High Alert. Blah, blah, blah......

Besides, we want you around so Ronin and I can borrow stuff from you at skul.
Old March 23, 2002, 12:12 PM   #33
KSFreeman

I go off on tangents. Mne zhal, Erick.

Just call me the wet blanket on GSC "kill `em all" polemics! Comes with the territory.:barf:
Old March 24, 2002, 02:28 AM   #34
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm...

Quote:
Dudes who claim to walk around with 4 guns, 15 spare mags, 22 knives, 3 walking sticks, a sword, 6 attack dogs, pepper spray, CS/CN grenades, a 12-cell flashlight etc. all concealed while wearing Speedos and a windbreaker are full of it.
I carry at least 2 (or sometimes 3) guns, a reload or two, always two knives (Commander/Sebenza sized, usually), and various other odds and ends. Had a bad experience with pepper spray (It incapacitated my attacker. For all of maybe two seconds.) so I usually don't tote OC any more, although I know I should.
Old March 26, 2002, 04:06 PM   #35
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

I have carried as many as 3 firearms (.40, 9mm, and .32), two knives, a flashlight, a microlight, and a cell phone, as well as SBA. (I only carried all that once, as I kept worrying about what the police would say about all the hardware, if I had to employ it!) Most often, in the past year or two, I have contented myself with a single firearm and knife, and often a reload.

Sam, I sold my beloved Glock 23 right before I left for ITB, but I've been carrying my 3" 657 when packing since I've been back. I'm your height, but the scale today tells me I have gained 16 lbs on you- fortunately, some of it's in the right places, so my N frame is actually quite concealable now, thank god.

Quote:
Can't enter my home without breaking in, therefore I already instantly know you - you're the guy that just got shot.
Heh, heh, heh.

Wandering Thoughts