The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 14, 2020, 07:16 PM   #1
DaleA

Miss USA Pro 2nd Amendment? Seems so...

Well doggone it, (excuse my language) maybe we're getting some actual "common sense" gun talk.

Miss Mississippi, now Miss USA, says she supports the 2nd amendment.

I see this as a good thing even though she isn't a total gun-rights gal I found her comments refreshing.

Surprisingly, no main-stream media backlash.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...085153055.html
Old November 14, 2020, 07:26 PM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Good intentions, but she obviously hasn't actually read the Second Amendment recently. It doesn't say anything about having to take a class to get a permit or, for that matter, having to get a permit before you can carry ("bear") a gun.

Education? I wonder how she would feel about having to pass a literacy test before being allowed to vote.
Jeepaholic
Old November 15, 2020, 07:43 PM   #3
jmhyer

Remember that she was trying to win a title that would be awarded by judges, whose individual opinions on the subject may not have been known to her.

I think she did a good job of being "diplomatic" in her statement. Who knows what her real opinion on the subject is? Though, I would certainly support the notion that she is generally pro-2A.
Old November 16, 2020, 08:48 AM   #4
RETG

Politics are everywhere and she wanted to win. She spoke on a very polarized subject; good for her. I don't agree with all she said, but I sure give her credit for having the nerve to say what she said. And she can come to ID and clean my guns any day of the week.
I give MY OPINION (not often) based on many years shooting at, other than paper targets. I will not debate my experience vs. your experience based on dreams and "what ifs." I'm 73; I'm too damn old to care.