The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 10, 2013, 12:49 PM   #1
31kilo

Stevens 620-A

I just got this Steven's and was hoping y'all may have a little more info on it. It is a 18.5 inch barrel. It has what I believe are "blanket procurement" proofs on it, at least after some research that's what it seems to be. I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable will chime in and tell me more about what I got. I paid $200 so if nothing else I got a nice shooter serial number is 313xx thanks in advance for any additional info.

Old January 12, 2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Pyzon

You scored one of the best deals in HD 12 gauge pumps to be found, my friend. And the icing on the cake is, yours is in super nice condition.

Are you aware this old rascal is a true "take-down" shotgun that becomes two 19" sections that can fit inside a pack, a disaster bag or a violin case ? I'd be happy to describe how it's done if you can't figure it out. I wish I could see the expression on your face the first time you slide it apart.

You may also not realize that this and other pumps of the era are capable of....what do they call it......slam firing....? In other words, when filling the air with serious clouds of hot lead is the desire, you hold the trigger down, and so long as you are pumping the action and you have shells in the mag tube, this bad boy just keeps on barking ! No, not so accurate, but mighty intimidating, and a very cool and fun thing to do at the right times.

Hope you enjoy your find, you did real good, friend.
Old January 12, 2013, 04:40 PM   #3
Pyzon

By the way, is 31 Kilo your MOS ?

I used to bust a lot of the stuff you know how to fix, Crippie !

ASA, all the way !
Old January 12, 2013, 08:13 PM   #4
31kilo

Oh Yeah PYZON wire dog from way back, the only people used to tear up my wire was tankers. We would steal their co2 fire extinguishers to "field chill" smuggled beer. They would find my underground crossings and do 360's sometimes I'd have to replace 1/2 mile of wire at 2am.!!!
Yeah first thing I did was break her down,.....sweet.