The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old January 19, 2013, 12:25 AM   #126
bustersmaster

I've gone through several guns over the years that were'nt good enough to keep and wound up selling/trading them all off.
The worst one was probably the first handgun I owned, a Jennings/Bryco in 9mm. The triggerguard was purposely designed large enough for 2 fingers on the trigger (with a 2 handed grip) and it seemed like it needed room for a couple more. Probably had a 20 lb. trigger pull. Looking back on it, I learned a lot as a new shooter. After getting used to that horrible trigger pull, every decent gun I've owned since has made me look pretty good.
Old January 19, 2013, 03:04 AM   #127
jason_iowa

Browning buckmark. I'm sure it was was just a case of a lemon but it was an awful gun. Bought it, cleaned and lubed it, fired it. Slide gouged the heck out of the frame. Took it back they said they would not take it back because I obviously did something wrong. I finally got them to take it back after we took it apart and started doing some measuring and the machining was way off.

Did not stop me from buying more Browning products.
Old January 20, 2013, 08:29 AM   #128
1stmar

Tz-75 9mm/41ae

TZ-75 stainless in 9mm/41ae barrel, the tooling was so bad it look like they cut the slide and frame rails with a chainsaw. I had Bruce gray work on it but it was never right. I wish it had been, I love the cz model and while its dead now, I really liked the 41ae and the modular concept.... Damn 40sw...never bought another stainless semi
Old January 20, 2013, 09:19 AM   #129
UtahHunting

Walther P-22. Picked one of these up a few years ago and could not get through a single magazine without jamming. Tried every type of ammo out there and just would not run. Sold it after the first week with full disclosure.
Old January 20, 2013, 10:42 AM   #130
GreaseMonkey4Hire

Jennings .22 pistol. Has never made it past the 2nd round without Jamming but it was my grandmothers and is sentimental so it lives in the bottom of the safe.
Old January 20, 2013, 02:57 PM   #131
tristar viper

This is easy; a Weatherby PA-08 12ga shotgun. On only the 2nd time out the trigger mechanism (a completely cheezy plastic set-up) completely broke and left me with no gun. I emptied out the gun, and I was so completely irate I threw it against a block wall....the stock flew off, the barrel bent, it was in like 4 pieces and I did NOT care and still don't. Put the pieces in the trash and set it to the curb. No remorse here, pc. of cheap garbage anyway.
Old January 20, 2013, 11:07 PM   #132
Crankgrinder

Mine was a taurus pt111 pro. Nothing wrong with the guns function. It shot without hiccup, it was just that it shot low ( 3 dot sights). No aftermarket sights available only other option was grinding the front post to a nub + bad grip angle for me. Happy i traded in and pain a couple hundred on top on a glock 19 for carry. Glad i did.
Old January 20, 2013, 11:52 PM   #133
SDF880

My PT-22 .22LR. Looks good, feels good, and jams with any/all ammo! This is by far the biggest POS paperweight I have. I'll never buy anything from that company again!
Old January 21, 2013, 07:14 PM   #134
sho'nuff

worst i've owned was the diamondback db 9. Pos never cycled right. I sent it back to diamondback twice and all they managed to accomplish was to make the trigger worse. I traded it at a gunshow for a gen 2 glock 19.
Old January 24, 2013, 09:16 PM   #135
Revolver1

Any of the Rugers I HAD.
Old January 25, 2013, 06:23 AM   #136
thedudeabides

Worst? Ever?

That title now has to go to my LCP.

Nasty recoil that beats up my trigger finger. Inaccurate. Hard to hold with large hands. Nonexistent sights. Way too many failures--but I was told that "keep shooting it, it will get better." Elsie pea forum told me to get different recoil springs to keep the ejected brass out of my face. Didn't work. Got some Hogue grips for it, didn't help. I spend bodyguard money to turn a **** into a more expensive ****.

Whatever, this gun is crap.

It is super concealable, but not worth it since much better guns like the Bodyguard are just a BIT larger.

Oh, and the pins back out of the frame when shooting.
Old January 25, 2013, 01:09 PM   #137
capt Ajax

Imitation Walther PPK. I think it was made in Rusia. It looked cool but would jam at least once EVERY time I shot a magazine of rounds.....no matter what .380 ammo I tried to use it always jamed. Sold it at a gunshow for $300