The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 7, 2012, 10:23 AM   #1
Mastiff37

Phoenix gun shops?

I grew up in Phoenix, but haven't spent any time there in 15 years or more. I'm heading up today to run some errands and was thinking of checking out a gun shop or two. Any recommendations? I'm looking for a big selection, especially if I could see some cowboy revolvers that would be great (never held an Uberti or USFA). I remember going to one place with my dad that had a polar bear standing up in a case when you went in... can't remember the name, but good selection for the time.

Any ideas would be great. My actual destination is Tempe/Mesa, coming from Tucson, but I'll drive if it's worthwhile.
Old October 8, 2012, 05:49 AM   #2
oldmaster111

Try" Legendary Guns". North 19th ave. north of Camelback rod. Good selection of western firearms.
Old October 8, 2012, 11:00 AM   #3
gak

Sounds like you might be gone already, but +1 Legendary for the cowboy stuff. Mesa Gun Shop on Broadway in Mesa is a very small old-timey store to check out for occasional used "finds." Another for general shooting--mostly new--would be Bear Mountain Sports nearby - it is very hunting oriented. A few more are Bear Arms in mid-north Scottsdale and Derby Guns in south Scottsdale. Derby's got some used cowboy guns and hunting rifles. Out Mesa way again, there are a few shops down in Gilbert and Chandler whose names escape me.

The standing polar bear you recall is at Shooters World off I-17 and Indian School(ish). Haven't been there in years, don't know if they're still around.
Old October 8, 2012, 04:45 PM   #4
g.willikers

Don't miss this one, for sure:
http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/
Old October 8, 2012, 09:08 PM   #5
dnsharpshooter

bass pro shops off the 202 and dobson has a pretty good selection of cowboy guns, was there yesterday
Old October 9, 2012, 07:51 AM   #6
johnm1

Well if you are still in town it is worth the trip to AJI Sporting Goods ( http://www.ajisports.com/ ). Nice overall selection and several single actions. Heavy on mil-surp rifles and AR/AK.
Old October 9, 2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Chuckusaret

Shooter's World-Phoenix 3828 North 28th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ. I stopped in while on vacation in Marana, great customer service.
Old October 12, 2012, 01:18 AM   #8
rrruger

Quote:
Try" Legendary Guns". North 19th ave. north of Camelback road.
Good people!
Old October 15, 2012, 08:35 AM   #9
amx4080

Try Bear Arms in Scottsdale.