The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 28, 2018, 01:09 PM   #1
Joe_Pike

Taran Tactical +2 Extension for Glock 43...I should Have Listened

I ran across a Taran Tactical +2 mag extension for my Glock 43 for a decent price and decided to give it a try. Almost all of the reviews that I had read about these said that they are not reliable with hollow points but work great with FMJ. I should have listened and moved on. I ran some 115 gr FMJ through it and it worked like a charm. Then I tried to run some 115 gr Hornady Custom through it and it was a no go. I have a lot of Hornady Custom , so, I wasn't going to try anything else.

On the other hand the Tango Down +2 extension worked well and they are about 1/3 of the cost of the Taran Tactical +2 extensions.

I wanted something +2 for when I carry IWB and still keep my six rounders for pocket carry. I still wonder why Glock refuses to do any extensions for the 43 but has them for other guns.
Old October 5, 2018, 12:54 PM   #2
PeterGunn

Did the +2 you picked up come with a new magazine spring or are you running the original mag spring?

PeterGunn
Old October 7, 2018, 11:53 AM   #3
Buckeye!

I have +2 Vickers (Tango down ) funtion perfectly....
Old October 7, 2018, 07:46 PM   #4
youngridge

They are great, expensive, but very good. Wish they weren’t so expensive or I would have one or two more. They come with there own spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old October 8, 2018, 02:09 PM   #5
Joe_Pike

Quote:
Did the +2 you picked up come with a new magazine spring or are you running the original mag spring?
Came with an upgraded power spring.

Quote:
They are great, expensive, but very good.
Not the experience I had with the one I had. I think I'll order another Tango Down/Vickers +2 though.
Old October 8, 2018, 04:24 PM   #6
Uncle Malice

Interesting. I has the Taran +1 and +2 for my G43. Both ran flawlessly with Federal HST< Hornady Critical Duty, and Speer Gold Dot, as well as FMJ. I didn't try any other JHP's.

You could probably contact TTI and ask them. They might send a new spring or something.