The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 19, 2018, 09:14 PM   #1
jonb32248

Springfield XD-E

Just picked up my new Springfield XD-E for my birthday gift to me. I am really impressed with the construction and quality of the gun. Haven't shot it yet due to rain. Traded my Ruger sr9c in for it, very sad. Love the hammer and the safety system.
Old March 19, 2018, 09:37 PM   #2
Whirlwind06

Looking forward to hearing how you like it. Nice to see new TDA guns being made.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old March 20, 2018, 09:11 PM   #3
OhioGuy

I liked it. I just found it to be quite large for a supposedly small gun. It shot nicely though and the DA/SA trigger is pretty well executed. I like it.
Old March 21, 2018, 06:36 PM   #4
Bart Noir

I bought one due to the very low effort needed to rack the slide. I expect that in years to come my strength will fade as I get older, as my father's has faded. So it is more of a "important later" pistol.

I will be able to shoot it in spite of the long and heavy DA pull. I'll just not use DA

It can be carried in a cocked-n-locked state. That is all right for me.

Bart Noir
Old March 23, 2018, 06:52 PM   #5
jonb32248

Well we went to the range yesterday and I got a chance to shoot the xde. The double side of the trigger is a thing to get used to. Not bad but different. I would say with my shooting ability which is not that good the gun is quite good. I will need more practice but very happy with the gun over all. Its now in my holster with self defense rounds in the magazine.Love the hammer and all the safety features.
Old March 28, 2018, 12:48 AM   #6
JDBerg

I had a chance to shoot an XD-E at a Springfield Armory “Hit The Range” Demo Day at the LGR that I frequent and I really like this XD version, a hammer fired DA/SA without the grip safety. That ambi safety / decocker is somewhat unique in that you can engage the thumb safety after you decock the pistol. So this is a very viable way to carry this gun if you choose to do so. I think this might be the best shooting XD version that I can remember ever shooting. I’m anxious to shoot the newest .45ACP version. I also liked the TRP Operator 1911 that I got to demo, but thats another story for a different day!

Last edited by JDBerg; March 28, 2018 at 12:57 AM.
Old March 29, 2018, 08:56 AM   #7
Carl the Floor Walker

I seriously thought about the XE. I know they make great quality guns and I was looking to get away from the Light Striker fired trigger. The XE was seriously in the decision, but just large for what I wanted.
I finally decided and got the Nano. I could not be happier. Although the gun is a striker fired, Beretta did a perfect job of the trigger, not too long, not to short, and smooth. I love it. Already shooting better than my much used other 9mm.
Glad to see the XE come along. I think we may see more companies getting models without the light Crisp trigger fad on a short range CCW.

Contrats!