The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 16, 2018, 10:50 PM   #51
Siggy-06

I won't lie, when the Sig P320 first came out, I was at my lgs as soon as they were in. I handled it for a few minutes, got a feel for the trigger, ect. It wanted the carry model at the time and they only had the compact or full size so I passed, then the recall hit a while later. I thought "Ah, that sucks. Glad I waited..."

I was really looking forward to the P365. I almost ordered one, but I got an excellent deal on a Walther P99c ($339), so I passed. Then the shipping suspension happens! I don't know if I'm just really lucky with timing, or if Sig is really slipping lately. I'll be waiting a few months before looking back into the P365 again...
Old February 22, 2018, 04:03 PM   #52
DBnuke

I am not surprised. I am a huge fan of SIG. I own many but just sent a P225-A1 back because the thing sounds like a babies rattle. The slide cluncks back/forth side to side. I have never owned a gun like that. Sig said it it okay though it won't affect the functionality of the gun.
I think they are having QA/QC issues all around
Old February 22, 2018, 04:04 PM   #53
TunnelRat

I saw your story and it certainly is unfortunate. I've been a pretty big vocal critic of SIG. All of that said, did you inspect the pistol before you accepted the purchase? I'm just curious that it was so out of your range of acceptance, and I totally understand having a range, that you didn't notice at purchase.
Maintain situational awareness
Old February 22, 2018, 04:45 PM   #54
Mackie244Bud

A Notice from Phil Strader...

We’re pleased to announce that the P365 has resumed shipping.
Thanks to great customer feedback, we were able to make helpful tweaks to the platform.
This includes shipping all new P365's with our X-Ray 3™ day/night sights.
Owners who are experiencing any issues with their original P365 SIGLITE® sights can contact customer service to have X-Ray 3's shipped to them at no charge.
We have also made minor spring adjustments to address isolated incidents of failure to battery (FTB) which are directly related to the off-center/light primer strikes.
While we believe some of the FTBs could be the result of varying grip issues, everyone will benefit from this adjustment.
Finally, in order to curb the potential of barrel or slide wear in pistols with a tighter tolerance stack, we have made two relief cuts to the barrel.
Though this wear is only cosmetic and has been determined by tireless R&D efforts to confirm that it has no relationship with some of the issues experienced,
these cuts will minimize most show of wear.
SIG SAUER appreciates the excitement around this game-changing pistol, and we look forward to your continued support and helpful feedback.

So, there ya go.
Keep a look out and we all should see the P365 popping up with the initial concerns resolved.

Mackie244 / Bud
Old February 22, 2018, 04:54 PM   #55
Siggy-06

Two relief cuts to the barrel? Which parts of the barrel? Glad to hear they're shipping the revised p365's now.
Old February 22, 2018, 06:02 PM   #56
Mackie244Bud

Quote:
Which parts of the barrel?
I guess we'll just have to see when they show up and someone compares the new to the newer.

Mackie244 / Bud
Old February 23, 2018, 12:53 AM   #57
Bart Noir

So someday soon I find one at a gun shop. And I like it.

And then I stand there scratching my head, or other parts, wondering if it has the upgrades. My experiences with sales people is that they don't always know how to tell if there has been a not-a-recall-just-an-improvement upgrade. Like for the P320; I usually end up telling them how to spot the new trigger.

I get the impression that these changes are not gong to be noticable short of pulling the barrel out and looking for "relief cuts".

Bart Noir
Old February 23, 2018, 01:10 AM   #58
armoredman

I am well known as a CZ guy, but I had a soft spot for the SIG P220 years ago, heckuva pistole. I am also interested in this little Wundernine, and would like to see it succeed.
Old February 23, 2018, 05:10 AM   #59
abarhorst

If a new gun has X-Ray 3™ day/night sights isn't it likely to have the other upgrades?
Old February 23, 2018, 07:45 AM   #60
amd6547

Sig’s “tireless R&D efforts” would be better applied before the pistol is released. I’ll keep my G26.
Old February 23, 2018, 10:47 AM   #61
DT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd6547 View Post
Sig’s “tireless R&D efforts” would be better applied before the pistol is released. I’ll keep my G26.
You do remember the Glocks that would fire/break when slid along the ground, right? I don't remember Glock being quite so upfront about their efforts to remediate that issue...

Larry

Government, Anarchy and Chaos
Old February 23, 2018, 11:00 AM   #62
brian33x51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie244Bud View Post
Though this wear is only cosmetic and has been determined by tireless R&D efforts to confirm that it has no relationship with some of the issues experienced, these cuts will minimize most show of wear.
The reviewers whose peening issues caused increasing malfunctions most certainly didn't think so. SIG is flat being insulting. Why don't they just state facts of what they did instead of adding demeaning commentary? Are these guys trying to copy the HK attitude or something (without the product to back it up)?

Last edited by brian33x51; February 23, 2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old February 23, 2018, 05:36 PM   #63
Mackie244Bud

Quote:
scratching my head, or other parts, wondering if it has the upgrades
Same as abarhorst said, If the P365 has the X-Ray 3™ day/night sights then it's the newer P365.
If it's Sig Night Sights it is the original first shipment.
As far as I know there are not any options that you can order from Sig.

Easy / Peasey!

Mackie244 / Bud
Old February 23, 2018, 07:31 PM   #64
Bart Noir

Thanks for explaining the sights. I thought the See-through-Clothing X-Ray sights were the ones failing in the first place.

Now I must flip the page over to a Sig factory website to see what the heck you guys meant

Bart Noir
Old May 4, 2018, 08:09 AM   #65
FalconMacAllister

Disappointing start, but does anyone have any first hand updates on this firearm? If all is well with this model, I wouldn't mind adding it to my future purchase list.
Old May 6, 2018, 03:42 PM   #66
puppyface

Like my P220 a lot but I think that Sig is given a lot of passes because of the name.
Old May 6, 2018, 07:38 PM   #67
rodfac

Quote:
Not sure on the 365 but I have a safe full of Sigs and never had a bad one. Both German and American, YMMV
That’s been my experience as well. Reports of failure are, for the most part, one off occurances; I’d guess that the vast majority of owners are completely satisfied. Without statistical analysis, you’re relying on a single event to judge the entire run of production. And in fact some reports may be bogus. Ymmv Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.
Old May 6, 2018, 07:58 PM   #68
TunnelRat

Given that there is video evidence in this case and that SIG actually did suspend shipping, I'm not sure I'd call it bogus.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old May 8, 2018, 10:28 PM   #69
jr24

Looked at one a while back at the range (SIG day) seemed nice, but too small for me. The guy next lane from me ran one a few boxes of ammo, it seemed accurate enough at 10 yards, he didn't seem to have any jams, and said it wasn't too snappy.

If it wasn't too small for my hands I'd be interested, but the Glock 26 fits me better.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:51 PM   #70
5whiskey

Sig isn't the gold standard that some people hold them to. Their flagship models that cost 800+ bucks usually do ok... But their utilitarian line has a spotty rep at best. I carried a p290 that was pretty solid but man that trigger was rough. The swappable FCG on the p250 was rather sloppy. The p320 we know about. Now this...

I like Sigs. Not a fanboy but I like them. I will stick to their metal frame da/Sa series firearms though. Even then, I personally believe CZ is a serious competitor to the p226 or p229 line.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593946
Old May 8, 2018, 11:15 PM   #71
Model12Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbed77 View Post
SIG certainly isn't the only one doing this.

Take a look at how Walther (Umarex) is constructing the barrel & slide of the new PPQsc. Yikes.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p...al-photos.html
Page not found.
Old May 9, 2018, 09:04 AM   #72
Fishbed77

This link worked when I posted it 3 months ago.

Try this (it works this morning, but I can't vouch for 3 months in the future):

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p...al-photos.html

You may need to be logged into Waltherforums to view images.
Old May 9, 2018, 04:48 PM   #73
Mackie244Bud

jr24 says,
Quote:
If it wasn't too small for my hands I'd be interested, but the Glock 26 fits me better.
That's what it's all about..the best gun for you!
Lord knows there are a lot to choose from.

I really like my P365 and it is very comfortable in my smallish hands.
(I use the small grip on my Sig P320 Compact RX)

My 2nd range day with my 365 was yesterday and I'm just under 600 perfect rounds.
The accuracy comments above are true and for it's size it is not a snappy gun, this definitely helps on follow up shots!
For the right hands it's a great little shooter and great for EDC.

My M&P Shield was my EDC and now it rests in my Range bag as my P365 has taken it's place!
I also really like Sig's new X-Ray sights great during the day with the bright and easily seen green front sight and at night the sights glow just like my P320's Sig Night Sights.
At night they will be laying side by side and I see those two sets of glowing sights!
Looks pretty cool if I do say!

So to each, his / her own...Enjoy and Be Safe.

Mackie244 / Bud

Last edited by Mackie244Bud; May 9, 2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old May 9, 2018, 06:06 PM   #74
Siggy-06

I've been following the P365 since it's release, because it seems like a really nice carry option. Latest info I've been reading, is now people have been reporting firing pin breakages. I really wanna pick one up, but there's just been too many hiccups up till now. Maybe later this year...
Old May 9, 2018, 06:42 PM   #75
Model12Win

Sorry, but I'll keep my P220 .45 classic made in Germany with the folded slide. No finer SIG has been made since.