The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old June 6, 2015, 11:42 AM   #76
old bear

Quote:
FITASC
Sorry, if I feel I MUST carry while sitting inside my home and watching TV or whatever, the house would be up for sale tomorrow................
Quote:
TimSr

Quote:
Sorry, if I feel I MUST carry while sitting inside my home and watching TV or whatever, the house would be up for sale tomorrow................
I lived like that 30 years ago for about a year. Never again. I'm with you.
FITASC, and TomSr. looks as if we are the three odd men out, at least in the first page of replys.

I would move in a hot second if the area I lived in was so dangerous that I felt the need to be armed 24 - 7. I don't care what it costs living in constant fear is just WRONG.
Old June 6, 2015, 12:03 PM   #77
psalm7

I think what is being expressed is not fear but having the ability and being willing to protect ones family and not being victims of others . There may never be a time when that is the case but to act like it will never happen is not very prudent .
Old June 6, 2015, 12:25 PM   #78
stagpanther

No reason to fear Germans, either. ; )
Old June 6, 2015, 12:55 PM   #79
manta49

Quote:
Untill now, I was often in the USA, in 25 States, I never carried a gun, because I had no license and there was no need for a gun.
I think it's a matter of personal attitude.
I would never shoot someone for stealing my tv, in Germany my insurance will pay me a new, better one. It's called " Hausratversicherung ".
There seems to be a different mindset among some America's compared to European countries. I say some Americans because I would think the majority of Americans don't carry any firearm, never mind carry one around the house with them. If I felt threatened enough the feel the need to have a firearm with me at all times, I would be considering a move.

Last edited by manta49; June 6, 2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old June 6, 2015, 12:55 PM   #80
colbad

For those outside the US, please do not think the "paranoid" responses to this question is representative of even a sliver of the US population or the firearm owning community. The term "gun nuts" is alive and well on this forum, well beyond that of folks who simpllly like to shoot guns. Those who talk about never being without a gun, even on the toilet, are individuals with "issues" of one sort or another. I think most Americans would agree that there is nothing wrong with having a firearm available in their home. I am an LE professional and know absolutely no one except those involved in criminal activity who carry a gun constantly in their home anticipating an attack at any moment.

Many of the responses on this forum often tend to interject the extremes of the firearm controversy. I often wonder if some of the "extreme" (aka--wack) comments are actually anti-firearm groups that post to scare the general public with documented examples of mentally disturbed people out there with guns at the ready. I am a very pro-gun individual, however I have to admit that after reading some comments I would question the mental health of some of the alleged gun owners posting here.
Old June 6, 2015, 01:06 PM   #81
pax

And with that, we're done.

Doggone this is a BORING conversation. Same ol' same ol'!

"You're PARANOID, you nutcase!"

"You're living in DENIAL, you wimp!"

"If I had to carry a gun, I would MOVE!!"

"If you don't like living in America, you should MOVE!!"

Whatever. Closed.

pax
Closed Thread