The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old November 5, 2017, 10:00 PM   #26
Buckeye!

Looks like they found the 50 Cal.s
Old November 5, 2017, 10:03 PM   #27
ThomasT

Well OK. Whenever you get time. I’m easy. By the way are they using any RR 22s on those Zombies? I didn’t think so. Lol. Just having fun with ya.

I love these back and forth things on the forums. I always learn something from it. And of the three Rohm guns I owned one of them wasn’t really that bad of a gun. Not a Ruger but a decent gun none the less. Maybe that’s what a RR is to those who own them.
Old November 5, 2017, 10:05 PM   #28
ThomasT

I can’t help you on the WD. I don’t watch much TV.
Old November 5, 2017, 10:27 PM   #29
Buckeye!

The Heritage is not a Ruger .. By a long shot .. But in all honesty.. My use of the Heritage is a beater ... Carry while doing chores ... Only thing alive I shot with it was a ground hog that I cornered in the shed ... and the Heritage was on my side ... But as for a Ruger Single Six ...I have zero use for a single action 22/22mag that costs more than the Heritage ...for my use...
Old November 5, 2017, 10:47 PM   #30
ThomasT

Well that’s fine. If it makes you happy and fills a nitch that’s all it really has to do. I like my Rugers but I have had them for a few years before prices got stupid on guns. I would have a hard time shelling out $500+ on a Ruger single six now. My sons can be glad I spent and bought what I did so they don’t have to. When I croak they are going to get a lot of good guns and a boat load of ammo and all the stuff to reload. All prepaid for them.

That’s a funny thing. I have for the last few years been trying to get two of each firearm so both of my sons get one each. I doubt they will ever know what I have tried to do for them. Good quality life time guns.
Old November 6, 2017, 05:54 PM   #31
GarandTd

That's pretty cool of you ratshooter, to double up for your boys in the future. I often think about how I'm going to distribute my collection amongst my three children and what I'd like to add for them. I have enough heirloom quality pieces for all of them to get some quality. One of the reasons I picked up my RR was for the kids to shoot with me...and have a little fun doing it.
Old November 6, 2017, 08:50 PM   #32
ThomasT

Thanks GarlandTD. I try to have the same or at least very similar guns. They are already making claims to certain guns they want. I guess they won’t be too sad when I take off.

But I don’t care. I just hope they take care of them and most of all enjoy them before the powers that be make us like England or Australia. I truly hope I am gone before that happens.
Old November 7, 2017, 11:26 AM   #33
mark3smle

It is a decent little handgun and my very first. The ejector rod won't fully spring the empty cases and the housing for the rod rattles a little loose after a while. But for the money, you will probably be okay.
Old November 8, 2017, 07:47 PM   #34
ZVP

Thanks folks!