The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old January 15, 2000, 08:48 PM   #1
Vee

I have 2 dauble barrell derringers and would like to know their history and value. My father gave them to me 20 years ago.

The .22 cal is stamped "Made in Germany" on the right side of the barrell. On the left side of the barrel it is marked, "RG 15 CAL. 22S.L.L.R." On top of the barrell it reads, "Rohm Sontneim/Brenz." It is numbered 41240.

The .357 is stamped "Made In Germany" on the right side of the barrell. On top of the barrell it reads "HERTER'S Inc. WASECA/Minnesota 2755." The left side of the barrell reads WESTERN DERRINGER cal. 357" and lower on the barrell it s marked with real small lettering "68 and a small wavey line."

Whatever info you can share I would appreciate it.

------------------
Old January 16, 2000, 07:10 AM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

VEE:
I don't have any history on either gun, but the RG Industries was an importer of inexpensive hand guns, which ceased operations in 1986.

If my memory serves, Herters was a similar outfit. I have a Herters U9 rifle, but this is the best I can tell you.

HJN
Old January 16, 2000, 01:28 PM   #3
Vee

Harley,

Thank you for your help.

------------------
Old January 16, 2000, 05:54 PM   #4
Daren Thompson

This might help. I just worked on a friends derringer that fits the description you gave. In the gun parts catalog the Herters was made by Great Western. That is the gun that I had to order the parts for. Hope this helps

Later
Daren