The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old October 1, 2002, 06:02 PM   #1
LarsG17

Bladetech holster questions

I'm going to order a blade tech for my Steyr M40. Primary use will be competition, IPSC and tatical matches. Which one should I get? They have a lot of options for cant and drop. They also have a new cliping system. I really need some advise. Thanks, Lars.
Old October 3, 2002, 02:28 PM   #2
jhisaac

I just spoke to one of the guys I shoot IPSC with last night (also in Oregon) and he suggested the Blade-Tech Dropped Offset. He said he shaved around a quarter second off his draw to first shot times.

Where/what clubs do you shoot at?

jhisaac
Old October 3, 2002, 04:27 PM   #3
braindead0

Just a thought, the dropped and offset holster is only IDPA legal for women. (yeah, I know, sexist).
Old October 3, 2002, 06:55 PM   #4
LarsG17

Well I ordered a standard no cant holster today. I got the one with the tec clips. I know the droped holster is not approved for IDPA. I don't shoot IDPA now but don't want to buy another holster if I do. I just started shooting IPSC at Tri-county gun club a couple of months ago. I havent gone for a month or so, but will be shooting there on the 3rd Sunday. We'll see how the Steyr does.
Old October 3, 2002, 10:35 PM   #5
jhisaac

I shoot out in Dundee (www.teamcroc.com). Maybe we'll cross paths one of these days.

jhisaac
Old October 9, 2002, 05:25 PM   #6
LarsG17

Just a follow up. I received the holster yesterday. I am really suprised at how fast they got it to me. I'll give it a try tonight. Lars.