The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old June 26, 2006, 12:53 PM   #1
ninemm

How Did This End?

Please note below...While perusing past information on hog hunting I ran across this "Challenge Thread". After reading through the whole thing (7 pages), it just ended with no report on the results. I searched the archives and found nothing.

Rich, Harley, Johnny, Art...where can I find how this turned out??

Thanks.

The Challenge:
Anyone who ever hunted hog on foot knows that the key to a handgun shoot is in the stalk. Not only is there no guarantee that we'll get ON hogs but that done, we'll require the the Gods of Sun and Wind to favor us.

The Shooter:
Our own Harley Quinn. I'll admit that I didn't take him seriously at first. However, having seen his resume of shooting and hunting experience, I think I can assure everyone that he'll do his part.

The Crew:
- TFL Moderator Johnny Guest who will ride high on the truck beside Harley, Steely Eyed Dealer of Death, scanning the terrain for our quarry and providing long gun backup should we be overrun by the enemy.

- Ashley Emerson: 6'5" Burr Headed Texas Knuckle Dragger . Expert tracker, hunt co-ordinator and Hog Strategist. Rumor has it that Ashley has, ummmm, "been with" more hogs than most men have shot.

- Miko the Wonder Tracker. 8 months old. 100% Pure Catahoula Leopard Dog. (Well, maybe he's not a world class tracker of wounded hog, but he provides great comic relief).

- Yours truly, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer. Will probably bring along the itinerant 50 Alaskan and .338 Winmag for carnivorous bunnies, turtles and such.

Can it be done?
Will we survive?

Comments, suggestions, odds....all very welcome. Look for more here, whether you're interested or not!
Rich
Old June 26, 2006, 03:40 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Let's just say that no hogs fell to handgun fire, despite two attempts:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=185104

After action reports are in there.
Rich