The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 6, 2018, 10:59 AM   #1
smokehouse4444

IWB Front CrossDraw Holsters...YAY!

Finally, FINALLY, after years of looking, I found some decent IWB Front Crossdraw holsters. I have bought many that were close, and decent, but they were usually just straight up and down, like an appendix carry. It works, but not ideal.
First, I found a simple nylon snap holster from Action Pro that tends to lean with the correct cant, is cheap, and can take either my SIG P245 or XDm 45 compact. Nice, tough, multi-use holster.

I also went a little more custom route with a ProTEQ hybrid. This was my first two-clip holster, and was specially made for the XDm 45. Kind of spendy, took quite awhile to get to me, but is extremely comfortable, has an adjustable cdraw cant, and seems very well made. Really like it for carrying the bigger, heavier hardware.

But.....VEDDER, they are all over it with their great holsters. I had talked to the folks at N82 about a cdraw and was told they couldn't do it. Later, they emailed saying that I should contact them and let's see what they could do. At that point, however, I had stumbled upon the Vedder line.

Wow, really phenomenal holsters, great people to talk with, and a huge amount of color options to choose from. I bought a LightTuck for my incoming Sig P365, and a RapidTuck hybrid for my XDmod2 9. The 365 is, of course, not here yet, but the RapidTuck fits the XD like a glove. Although some of my other kydex and leather holsters work well with my Kahr CM9, I may just go for another LightTuck for it.

What a simple concept that works very well, simply make the attaching clip able to swivel enough for the correct cant while carrying Crossdraw. Doesn't seem that hard. They are quite adjustable, but the only suggestion I would have is to make it possible to carry the gun a little "higher"...the more the cant, the higher you need to keep it above beltline.
They are a little pricey as well, but very fast, and a great company to work with!
Kudos!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk