The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 18, 2018, 10:42 AM   #26
Onward Allusion

My P11 does that if I stop pulling the trigger at the reset point. Doesn't happen if I pull the trigger all the way back to the stop.
Old March 18, 2018, 03:35 PM   #27
claydoctor

I used to love my Glock model 23 until I noticed that if I shot more than about one mag, my trigger finger became really painful. I tried switching to a smooth trigger face rather than the striated one on the 23, no improvement. I got rid of the thing and now avoid any pistol that has the blade in the trigger design. Never did understand what made that design a "safe" trigger.
Old March 18, 2018, 03:39 PM   #28
Brownstone322

My CZ PCR hurts my finger. Cool little gun; hurts so good.
Old March 18, 2018, 03:44 PM   #29
gc70

There were lots of reports that the SIG P320 initially had trigger slap or sting. The unfortunately-named "adverse trigger" fixed the trigger slap/sting problem, but apparently contributed to the P320's susceptibility to drop-firing.
Old March 18, 2018, 03:45 PM   #30
wwhitman

I'd get it after firing a couple hundred round through my mak-90. I haven't shot it that much on a while and had forgotten about that little aspect of it.
Old March 18, 2018, 08:03 PM   #31
jetinteriorguy

My original trigger on my MAC 90 never did it, but the Tapco G2 slaps the heck out of my finger. Very annoying.
Old March 18, 2018, 09:12 PM   #32
Seven High

My CZ PCR with the original trigger also irritated my trigger finger. At the recommendation of CZ Custom I obtained a CZ 85 trigger. After installation, no further irritation.
Old March 19, 2018, 11:20 AM   #33
pblanc

I had issues with the HK VP9 as well, but I agree that this was a result of finger contact with the trough molded into the trigger guard. But it was a deal-breaker for me with that pistol.

I have two SIG P320s and both came with the second generation "adverse" trigger previously mentioned. There certainly were lots of complaints with the original trigger. If you look at Hickok45's initial review of the P320, you will see he experienced it and discussed it.

Both of my P320s have undergone the "voluntary upgrade" per SIG and have the new, reduced mass triggers. These triggers are hollowed out all the way to the tip of the trigger shoe like the original P320 trigger was. The "adverse" trigger had some metal added to fill in a portion of the hollow on the backside of the trigger shoe at the tip.

The first time I shot my full-size P320 in .45 ACP it was outside and a rather cold day and my finger started stinging before I had shot 20 rounds. I have shot it a couple of more occasions on warmer days without this issue, but not a lot of rounds at a time. I did not have this experience shooting my modified P320 compact in 9 mm Luger, however.

With the P320 it is definitely not an issue of finger contact with the trigger guard and I do not perceive any slap back of the trigger shoe during cycling or recoil. I agree that it seems to be the result of vibrations being propagated down the trigger shoe.
Old March 22, 2018, 12:55 PM   #34
larryf1952

I never thought I'd see a thread about this. My CZ75B in .40 does this to the pad of my right index finger. The finger gets "zapped" and goes virtually numb by the time I've shot 100 rounds. It gets rather irritating, and it takes several hours for normal feeling to return.

It's the only gun I own that seems to do this. Weird...