The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 4, 2017, 05:26 PM   #1
std7mag

Sightron S-TAC

I'm looking at a new scope. Have heard about the Sightron S-TAC 4-20X50 with MOA2 reticle.

Any input from you good people?

Getting good reviews on Optics Planet. I know the Europeans seem to like Sightron.
Old November 4, 2017, 10:49 PM   #2
ms6852

I do not own the specific scope you mention but do own 3 Big Sky scopes in 4x16x44. Based on this scopes the glass is crystal clear will put them up against any Leopold or Monarch Nikons. What I like about them is that they have the adjustable parallax by turning the front lens. Their warranty is lifetime. I would highly recommend the Sightrons. The con would be the 1/8" click moa at 100 yds but if you are precision shooting you have very fine adjustments available to you.
Old November 5, 2017, 08:53 AM   #3
std7mag

The STAC has the side paralax adjustment and 1/4" clicks.

As a side note from what i hear the Big Sky is being discontinued.
Old November 5, 2017, 09:29 PM   #4
ms6852

That is a shame very good scopes. I talked to the guys about that at Sightron and they told me not worry should my scopes ever need repairs. If they could not repair it they would send me a new scope equivalent or better than what I had.
Old November 7, 2017, 03:56 PM   #5
surveyor

I cant comment on the s-tac,

I have 2 s-iii's, one with the moa-2, the other a mildot.

both are 8-32-56, of the 2 I prefer the moa-2 reticle better for target shooting, the crosshairs do not obscure the target, and the 2 moa hashmarks are easier for me to split than a mildot. but I'm not ready to give up on the mildot just yet either as both the s iii's have good glass.