The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 15, 2013, 05:45 AM   #1
bobznew1

Where to purchase Hornady LNL?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site, but not new to reloading. I am interested in purchasing a Hornady Lock N Load AP, but all the well-known internet retailers are out of stock. Does anyone have information on any other major retailers (other than local firearm supply stores and sporting goods stores) that carry this press currently?

Or are well all in a holding pattern until Hornady can ramp up production to meet demand in this politically-charged atmosphere?

Thanks guys
Old April 15, 2013, 09:53 AM   #2
rajbcpa

you may want to re-think this purchase as these presses have lots of issues...

....look on the auction sites.
Old April 15, 2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Swampman1

Quote:
you may want to re-think this purchase as these presses have lots of issues...
Really? What issues would those be?

To OP, Hornady is a quality product, they've mastered the Lock and Load systen... a bit more expensive than Lee however.
Old April 15, 2013, 05:35 PM   #4
er775

I purchased an older LNL from a guy I work with as my first press, luckily it had the manual and all for the press as well as the powder drop,,,it does take some tinkering to get things to function smoothly but I only bought it cause it was convenient (he took payments ) and cheaper than a new one, I use it more like a single stage press than a progressive but being fairly new I like taking my time anyway, right now I only load 223,243 and 30-06 and later on I will start loading for 9mm and Im sure I will want to be able to crank up production so having already having the LNL I`m good to go,,,,,have you tried looking on ebay ? theres usually some on there, I dont know maybe the LNL is a pain in the a$$ to operate, buts its the only one I`ve ever had so I wouldnt know any differnt anyways good luck !
Old April 15, 2013, 05:40 PM   #5
David Bachelder

I suggest that you order it from Midsouth Shooters Supply. You most likely will be backordered. Midsouth will not charge your card till it's ready to ship. It took me five months to get one, but Midsouth treated me right. I think they have reduced the price to $389.99. those guys will treat you right.

If you call them .... a human answers the phone. Amazing.

PS
I don't read about any more issues with the LNL, than I do with any other brand.

Mine will be here tomorrow. Chances are, you're going to wait no matter where you get it. You might as well wait for someone that can be trusted.
Old April 15, 2013, 07:22 PM   #6
dickttx

I ordered mine last fall from Natchez because they were the only one that had everything I wanted. That cut down on shipping.
Now it is pretty doubtful they would have everything at the same time.
Very nice press. Never have had to call Hornady about anything. It just works.
Old April 15, 2013, 07:38 PM   #7
Beginner 1960

Seen one at a Bass Pro about 3 weeks ago
Old April 15, 2013, 08:50 PM   #8
Shane Tuttle
Staff

1. Be patient. Just place an order and wait.

2. Do what David did. Order from MidSouth. I bought mine from them and I had the exact same experience as he did. I would take into consideration in using Natchez as dickttx suggested as well. I haven't had problems with orders from Natchez in the past several years.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old April 15, 2013, 09:00 PM   #9
rlc323

I have bought a few things from Gunstop with good results. I would give them a call to see if the AP is in stock if you are in a hurry. Usually if an item is listed on the website it is available, only once have I found this not to be true.

http://www.gunstop.com/Store/Reloadi...-Mfg/HOR095100
Old April 16, 2013, 12:54 PM   #10
er775

Holy crud !!! things must be worse than I thought, I just looked on ebay for a LNL AP and there was only three!!!! I knew supplies like powder,primers brass and bullets were scarce but I didnt know presses were hard to get as well.When I bought mine a year ago there was probably a hundred of them on ebay,,not now
Old April 16, 2013, 06:25 PM   #11
thealex

It took about 30 days 3 months ago to recieve my dillon 650 which I immediatly replaced my 9 month old lnl ap. Some people love em. I got sick of messing with it, price wise they are comparable once you start accessorizing. A