The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old January 29, 2010, 11:14 PM   #1
richiep

Good holster for active wear

I have a ruger lcp and run frequently and would like a good holster to work out in. Have any of you seen the holster below? I beleive it has a sweat proof layer and is why i am considering it over a more conventional belly band. Thanks

http://pistolwear.com/
Old January 30, 2010, 01:20 AM   #2
45Gunner

Has this evil world come to the lowest dregs where it is not even safe to work out without being armed? Is there no sanctity? I alway joke that I am armed except in the shower and someone recently posted a picture of a Glock in a plastic bag in the shower. Perhaps I may consider mounting a holster with velcro to the side of the John?
NRA Life Member
Old January 30, 2010, 01:36 AM   #3
richiep

Ha I like that idea.

I am a college student and live in Tuscaloosa, Al so yea there is a lot of crime around here. I don't know if I will be showering with my gun anytime soon though. Although the bag is not a bad idea.
Old January 30, 2010, 02:24 AM   #4
rburch

looks interesting, let us know how it works for you if you get one.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Old January 30, 2010, 07:55 AM   #5
Kreyzhorse

If you want a work out holster, why not a fanny pack type holster? That just seems like it would be more when comfortable working out or running over a belly band type holster.

Lots of companies make them. Do a search on here and you'll find a few makers and their websites.

Just a thought anyway.
Old January 30, 2010, 09:58 AM   #6
Dwight55

I guess I would be reluctant because the jogger and the biker neither one had a good hand hold on his weapon when he got it out of the belly bag.

Yes, . . . it does conceal well, . . . but my preference would be the fanny pack also. Some of them seem to offer a quicker and better presentation, as well as kinda disarming everyone around you, . . . "Just another tourist coming through ".

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!
Old January 30, 2010, 10:06 AM   #7
CelticWolf

I have a Smart Carry that I use at the gym to carry my glock 30 in. Its worth every penny. It has a breathable waterproof layer between you and the gun.
I recommend this product!
Old January 30, 2010, 10:40 AM   #8
Cheapshooter

I agree with Dwight55. The guy in the vid had to dig around for the gun, then brought it out by the slide with his thumb and fingers. Not good! Is the BG going to stand there while you find your pistol, and wait for you to get a proper grip? I think not. It might be good to tote a gun around in, but if you need it you probably won't have that much time.
For your LCP, a Desantis Nemisis or Superfly if you have pockets. Maybe a belly band that alows you to get the proper grip right off if you don't have pockets.
Old January 30, 2010, 10:55 AM   #9
troy_mclure

I carry a kel tec p32 in a galco back pocket holster, when i go run i just stick it in my running shorts pocket, or jacket pocket in the winter.

I was using the belt clip in my waistband, but it would get rusty fast from the sweat.
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
Old January 30, 2010, 04:54 PM   #10
nutty ned

richiep
I think it would work; but, no better than a good fanny pac.
Old January 30, 2010, 05:54 PM   #11
richiep

Thanks

You all make a very good point. I don't like the fact that I can't get a good grip on the gun. That could especially be dangerous in a stressful situation. I think I will just get a belly band and use my pocket holster when I am wearing shorts with pockets.
Old January 30, 2010, 05:58 PM   #12
isanchez2008

I own a "Thunderwear" holster. You can order them in different sizes. It is very comfortable and with practice it can be a fast draw.
Old January 30, 2010, 09:10 PM   #13
troy_mclure

just stick it in some tight spandex bicycle shorts!
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

Tags
belly band , holster , pistol wear , ruger lcp , running