The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 31, 2009, 05:48 AM   #1
DaveInPA

Anyone using Montana Gold .223 bullets?

I'm having a hard time finding Hornady 55gr FMJs in stock at a good price, but I came across a fair deal on 1,000 Montana Gold 55gr FMJs. Anyone used them? How do they compare to the Hornady bullets?
Old July 31, 2009, 08:26 AM   #2
Alleykat

I recently bought 3500 Montana Gold .223 bullets. Haven't had a chance to load them yet. I just bought it for plinking ammo, so I'm not expecting dime-sized groups. They look just fine to me. I've used a lot of Montana Gold bullets for loading handgun ammo, and it's always been first-rate.
Old August 1, 2009, 08:20 AM   #3
jepp2

I've used some, and they appear Ok. I'm still working on loads for groups, but they easily group under 1" at 100 yards. They may do better. They are showing out of stock currently (for 1K quantity).

Roze has Winchester for $85.51 delivered without the add on $5 charge that Montana has. Usually takes them about 4 weeks to fill orders, however.