The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 12, 2010, 07:10 AM   #1
jaweber

taurus pt 740 slim... need a good holster to conceal??

im havin a little trouble findin a good holster to conceal this pistol under neath the shirt, without printing to bad & killin me in the comfert area, don't want to break the bank either.. not to worried about it right this minute since it is winter but want to find something good soon.... i purchased this pistol as another option to carry, a smaller and more convenient option than my glock 23. so far it has worked out but im afraid it wont after the thick coats and clothes come off for spring since i havent found a way to conceal it well...
Old December 12, 2010, 09:25 AM   #2
swmp9jrm

Everything you ever wanted to know about holsters for the PT-709/PT-740:

Holsters for PT-700s
Old December 12, 2010, 09:45 AM   #3
jaweber

thanks alot looked through it i think im on my own to find a good one to tell ya the truth i have the uncle mikes size 12, alota people sayin they work fine and well they dont for me. the plastic clip doesnt stay around my belt and the holster moves out position and rides up!! looks like ima have to spend the money and just shop and spend and shop spend till i find the right one..lol.. i was tryin to avoid that
Old February 9, 2011, 03:53 PM   #4
mcmerrill

PT740 holster

Check out a DeSantis Mini Slide. It is molded to fit the 709-740, has a forward cant and is very comfortable. DeSantis has them available on their website. Most comfortable in the 4 o'clock position or 8 o'clock if you are left handed. It is available in both.
Old February 9, 2011, 10:31 PM   #5
TF88

If you're looking for IWB, then I would recommend the Crossbreed mini tuck. That's what I use for my 709 and it conceals great and feels very comfortable.
Old February 12, 2011, 05:49 PM   #6
my86tc

Conceal holsters for Taurus 709/740 slims.

I have the Taurus PT 740 .40 S&W. Try uncle Mikes pocket holster for the front pocket. It works GREAT! I also use a belly band holster in the seasons when I can wear a coat or jacket. It holds an extra mag also. Hope this helps.

Tags
conceal carry , holster , taurus 709 slim