The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 16, 2018, 08:33 PM   #1
LukeB

Mount RCBS RC to HF Windsor 60"

I realize this is question is very specific but I would appreciate any suggestions. I have a RCBS Rock Chucker press and want to mount it to a Harbor Freight Windsor 60" table. Id like to mount it directly to the table, left side preferred as I am left handed. The problem is, it appears that any spot on the table with enough room to mount the press will hinder me from using one of the drawers.

I am open to mounting it to a small wood plank and C clamping it to the table, but, again, prefer to mount it directly to table as I use this table exclusively for reloading.

Any suggestions appreciated, and pictures of similar set ups would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by LukeB; January 16, 2018 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old January 17, 2018, 06:37 AM   #2
azjohn

Check out this link. https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/rcbs. There are a lot of different ways to mount a press.
Old January 17, 2018, 02:45 PM   #3
gwpercle

You got to think outside the box.....one of the Inline Fabrication mounts should do the job.
Those mounts are sweet.
Another is Pat Marlins Rock Dock, different mounting system for various presses .
www.patmarlins.com
Gary
Old January 17, 2018, 07:31 PM   #4
RC20

I have the same problem, only one place I can mount a press that does not block drawers.

As noted, I have idea and will see if I get to them! (or just live with one press)

At least I can mount one and keep on chugging
Old January 17, 2018, 07:32 PM   #5
hounddawg

I have 3 presses I use so I drilled 5/8 th holes 10 inches apart so I could mount either the Rockchucker, the LNL AP, or my old Lee anywhere along the length. I mount the press to wood then fasten the wood to the bench either using 1/2 inch carriage bolts with wing nuts or when decapping using the Lee a couple of C clamps

https://imgur.com/a/h7Bt5
Old January 18, 2018, 12:58 PM   #6
Marco Califo

I use a 2"x10" drilled from the botton for carriage bolts, then use wood clamps to hold the board and mounted press to a folding work bench. I have a separate Redding single stage press mounted to a tree trunk segment for resizing.
Old January 18, 2018, 01:06 PM   #7
T. O'Heir

Bolt it on either end. With the drawers there you won't have room for the ram. A 3/8" stove/carriage bolt will do nicely. I'd take 2 of the drawers out myself. Shelves are not difficult to build.
You should be using both hands when reloading. It's why you were issued two.