The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old October 21, 2013, 02:30 PM   #1
feets

long snake - 8" Python

An 8" Python was just brought to my attention. It seems the owner has a bright shiny new DWI and needs lawyer money.
I know nothing about the gun at this time. It's blue and looks "like new".

I'm assuming there is no box or papers and it hasn't been pulled from a swamp.

He is asking $850. Gunbroker has crazy collector prices but nothing in the shooter category.

Is that price in the ballpark or at least close enough to get together to inspect the gun?
Old October 21, 2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Sevens

Holy cow, it most certainly -IS-.

Python prices are nutty & far past nutty, and it doesn't look like that's likely to change soon. That revolver has to have serious problems to go for a penny less than $850. Assuming it isn't visibly hacked up or grinded upon, or displaying some irrational damage of some manner, you aren't likely to lose on this deal. If it should happen that is merely has incidental handling wear and common use, you'll have the steal of the week at that price.

Obviously, a lot of factors will go in to it's "value", but sight unseen and knowing zero else, it's a opportunity you need to pursue, and quickly.

Please report back!
Old October 21, 2013, 03:09 PM   #3
gotthegoods

Well below market if in decent shape. King Cobras are bringing $800+
Old October 22, 2013, 08:08 PM   #4
SVO

The Python with a 8" barrel was offered in several different models in addition to the just plain jane Python models. There was the Python Ultimate Stainless model, the Python Target model, Python 10 Pointer model, Python Silhouette model, Python 38 Special model, the Python Hunter model, as well as a couple more that I don't recall at the moment. In my area, $850 is a bargain for a Python. Be sure to ask about the original box and papers, as you might really get lucky,
Old October 23, 2013, 12:24 AM   #5
Gbnk82

If its in even half way decent shape then great deal..if i had the same offer id take it in a heartbeat.if you have no intrest in keeping the gun its stilla great invetment.
Old October 23, 2013, 12:40 AM   #6
Ryu825

Dude, hurry up and go buy, what are wasting time online for?! "like new" for $850? If you're not gonna get it please let me know how I can
Old October 23, 2013, 07:47 AM   #7
grizz223

Man I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough!!!