The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old September 25, 2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Dearhunter61

AR Opinions wanted...

I now own 2 ARs. One is a Colt Match Target Hbar and the other is a Sig Sauer M400. I love the Colt...very accurate. As for the M400 I like it but haven't shot it enough to know how accurate it is. Plus I'm having issues with my EOTech that I need to straighten out before I'm really going to know how accurate it is.

So of the two named above which one would do you think is the better AR?

And if you were going to purchase a different one than one of these what would it be?
Old September 25, 2012, 05:45 PM   #2
SFW

I have never had a chance to shoot a Colt AR, so I won't give you an opinion on that one. My dad has the Sig M400, and I own a Rock River Elite Operator. I think the M400 is a good basic AR. It's a no frills point and shoot style rifle. I would have no issues with purchasing one myself. In fact, I'm actually considering it now for a second AR.

Colt is the standard. It's the original. It will always be held in high regard.
Old September 26, 2012, 09:46 PM   #3
The Long Shot

Quote:
Colt is the standard. It's the original. It will always be held in high regard.
*cough* Armalite *cough*

In all seriousness, the m400 is a good basic ar-15. I'd imagine the match target ar is a pretty nice gun.

I have a collection of ar-15s, and I really don't have anything left that I would like to buy, I actually sat here and thought (something i rarely do) for 5 whole minutes, maybe 2 (I have a short attention span) and came up with nothing. I don't know if I should be happy or sad, so I'll just use the face with the question marks above it.
Old September 27, 2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Fishbed77

Quote:
*cough* Armalite *cough*
The Armalite that exists today has no relation whatsoever to the Fairchild Aircraft Corporation Armalite division that developed and manufactured the first AR-15s.
Old September 27, 2012, 01:38 PM   #5
BillyJack3

If you are looking for something different and don't want to deal with a tax stamp, I'd look at a 14.5" mid length (pinned brake). You have an HBAR and a carbine already. There are a good number of manufacturers to look at but you should probably decide on what you want it to be before you narrow that down.
Old September 27, 2012, 07:38 PM   #6
CDR_Glock

I chose a Noveske Thunder Ranch Carbine. I love the size, weight, and accuracy.
Old September 28, 2012, 11:52 PM   #7
iraiam

I own a Colt Match Target HBAR as well (bot my ARs are Colt) I have fired other brands either borrowed or rented, there are other good ones in my opinion, but when I compare quality vs price I seem to come back to the Colts.

I am currently researching the new upper I'm going to build, It will likely be all colt as well.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason