The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old November 18, 2005, 08:30 PM   #1
croyance

Who make these grips?

While looking for information of S&W 19-3's, I found this page. I like the looks of the grips in the first picture.
What style grips are they and who makes them? Will they fit on a square butt K-frame?
Old November 18, 2005, 09:51 PM   #2
Dfariswheel

Possibly Hogue Mono-Grips, without finger grooves.

Hogue mounts their grips through the butt, by running a single screw up into a stirrup that fits over the bottom of the frame.

As a option, Hogue will make their grips without finger grooves.
Old November 19, 2005, 08:56 AM   #3
sdj

grips

Croyance: I'd say those grips are the JM (Jerry Miculek) grips that are sold stock on the S&W model 625JM. In this month's "American Handgunner" (p44) there's a picture of model 19 that features Jerry's grips; looks similar to the pictures on the website that you have included with your post. Best of luck.
Old November 19, 2005, 09:26 PM   #4
Tom2

Jerry's grips?

They sure do resemble Jerry Miculek grips- they are on page 141 of the Brownells #58 catalog. Not inexpensive, but not out of line for some of the custom wood grips I see. More expensive than like, a set of Pachs or Hogues, but these probably are not in every gunshop and sale flyer you get like the mass produced aftermarkets either. Would make your rev. stand out for sure.
Old November 20, 2005, 08:53 AM   #5
Quantrill

Kind of looks like the old "Jordan Trooper" grips made by Herret. Designed by Bill Jordan to return to the proper grip with the recoil (at least what he said). The model 19 would be the proper revolver to install them on as Jordan had a "say" in the introduction of that pistol. Quantrill
Old November 20, 2005, 08:13 PM   #6
Tom2

Jordan? or not?

I once had a set of Jordans made by Herritt's, I think. The ones where you trace your hand and send in a ton of money. They were two piece, flat on the bottom, as I recall, not rounded like those. BTW they did not feel that great, too large and narrow for me so I ate the money and sold them. They were wrap around types and covered the backstrap completely as I recall. Now I got rubber Uncle Mikes on my 66 and have found nothing else that fits my hand like them.
Old November 20, 2005, 08:58 PM   #7
Person of Interest

I belive those are Ahrend's. Some models of S&W revolvers (like the Thunder Ranch .44 Special) come with these.
Old November 20, 2005, 09:10 PM   #8
Chris W

Those are definitely the Jerry Miculek grips. You can see them on the Jerry Miculek 625 at the S&W website to compare.