The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old January 25, 2012, 01:27 PM   #26
Sevens

Yes, they probably should do precisely that. We do have very good mods, afterall.

I'll stand by the 99.9% of all the rests of my posts as to evidence of my character and my typical methods of posting. I would hope that other posters who have shared conversations with me will recall that if/when offended by my previous post.

In the mean time, I'm at peace with exactly what I wrote. I take it as quite a serious issue when someone goes very much out of turn and slags a terrific company run by a fine man in this manner, giving the company (and the man) absolutely no chance before running to a world wide stage and crying.

Your position on my post is duly noted. And I'm not happy or proud of that, but I'm willing to accept that to make my point.
Old January 25, 2012, 01:35 PM   #27
10-96

Fair enough. I hold no grudges again you and have enjoyed reading your posts over the years as well as many others. Just wanted to air my personal opinion on name calling.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old January 25, 2012, 01:42 PM   #28
Sevens

And in light of our discussion, I have elected to do some of the editing that the moderators would have had to do for me.

I still believe the OP should be ashamed for the very existence of this thread.
Old January 25, 2012, 01:44 PM   #29
velocette

i've been dealing with Midway for over 30 years. Typically, an order a month and sometimes more. In that time, I have had two problems with their products. Once a package containing bore solvent had the solvent leak. They replaced the solvent immediately.
The second was when I purchased an RCBS primer pocket swage tool. It arrived in a sealed RCBS plastic box with the stripper cup missing. A phone call to Midway customer service had a complete new tool on its way. No problem, no hassle, no complaints, just good service.
Midways prices may not be the best. Their product selection is great and their customer service is excellent.

UPS however, is another story.
It is my firm belief that UPS could and would easily destroy an M1A1 Abrams tank if the Army would ever be foolish enough to ship it via UPS.

Roger
Old January 25, 2012, 02:20 PM   #30
solitude127

Just a quick question, what does this have to do with Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting? Isn't there another area for Vendor feedback?
Old January 25, 2012, 02:35 PM   #31
10-96

Solitude, the OP discussed an order of reloading supplies from a very well known and respected industry leader in reloading supplies. I guess the discussion ventured towards the direction that the OP had neither the presence of mind nor the moral fortitude to allow the company to correct the oversight. Nor does it seem that he contacted the shipping agency which handled and subsequently damaged his parcel. Which all pertains to reloading in the grand nutshell of supply, demand, shipping, receiving, and end use of reloading products.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old January 25, 2012, 03:00 PM   #32
sandman31774

i've had good luck with Midway....customer service is great also
Old January 25, 2012, 03:01 PM   #33
44 AMP
Staff

First off, glad to see the situation resolved between you fellows without escalating or moderator chiding. We all get a little carried away some days, and its good to see someone with the character to admit it when called on.

And I do agree in general, we are seeing lots of posts lately, where people are complaining about a genuine problem, but not giving the seller/shipper/manufacturer the opportunity to respond before they post their woes on the web.

yes, they are upset, think they've been treated shabbily, and are looking for moral support and other people's expirences with the same kind of issues, but its really not fair to the good name (and assumed good intentions) of the company(s) to do so without allowing them the opportunity (and the time) to respond before sharing the situation with the world.

The other side of the coin is that when the company(s) do respond, and you are not treated correctly, we do need to hear about it.

SO, lets all take a deep breath, step back, and wait for the OP to tell us what response he gets from Midway, and his response to that.

One five thumbed moron in the shipping dept is no reason to denigrate everything about a company. Lets be civil, and see where this goes (if anywhere).
Old January 25, 2012, 03:45 PM   #34
m&p45acp10+1

One of the reasons I have dealt with midway is because they have super quick shipping. I know there are cheaper places. The times I have dealt with them thier customer service went above, and beyond to help me.

I am legaly deaf, and phone calls are frustrating to say the least, when I had a problem with payment using a credit card customer service called me, when I told them my problem the person contacted me via messenger on the net so we could work it out in real time without a buch of emails. Few if any other places, or customer service reps will do that.
Old January 25, 2012, 04:23 PM   #35
Roland Thunder

I have found just the opposite with Midway. I have ordered stuff from Midway on a Monday and had it on Thursday and I am on the east coast and they are in Colorado I believe.
Old January 25, 2012, 04:50 PM   #36
solitude127

Quote:
Solitude, the OP discussed an order of reloading supplies from a very well known and respected industry leader in reloading supplies. I guess the discussion ventured towards the direction that the OP had neither the presence of mind nor the moral fortitude to allow the company to correct the oversight. Nor does it seem that he contacted the shipping agency which handled and subsequently damaged his parcel. Which all pertains to reloading in the grand nutshell of supply, demand, shipping, receiving, and end use of reloading products.
I guess the 6 degree rule comes into play.
Old January 25, 2012, 05:02 PM   #37
Servant

Got response from Midway this AM via email. They assured me that everything would be worked out. We are waiting for the rest of the order to arrive in case there is a problem with the other packages, so it can all be taken care of at one time.

I am sorry for offending those who were offended. I posted very soon after the packages arrived and was upset, and was hoping I would hear "don't worry, they will make it right." I did not post anything that is untrue, and I have several times stated that there is no doubt in my mind that the carrier abuses packages, however it is abundantly clear that I should not voice my experience on this forum with vendors, and will not again, save to complete this thread, unless this is unacceptable to you. In that case I will gladly remain silent and delete this thread. Whatever would make you happy I am willing to do.
Old January 25, 2012, 05:12 PM   #38
Billy Shears

Trex1310 wrote:
Quote:
I have never had a problem with Midway...Midway's customer service has always been excellent when I have
had a problem.
OK, I'm not joining in this Midway war on either side except to say that a) I like 'em a helluva lot better than Sportsman's Guide or Cheaper Than Dirt and b) they have great selection, but not always the best prices on what I'm looking for, but your comment just made me laugh.

So on the one hand you've never had a problem with them, but on the other hand they've treated you well when you had a problem?

What's that even supposed to mean?

Old January 25, 2012, 05:18 PM   #39
boostedtt91

i have never had any issues with Midway, there one of the only places i buy stuff from online due to there excellent service and quick shipping. Im sure if you contact them about the issue they will take care of it for you
Old January 25, 2012, 10:09 PM   #40
hoffbill

I have done a lot of business with Midway for several years now, orders have always been timely and complete, have not experienced damaged packaging the OP had. Two instances I can remember when I was not satisfied with a product, they resolved it quickly with a phone call.
Old January 25, 2012, 11:27 PM   #41
Sport45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant
I have a feeling that I will be getting screwed. Have you ever had this from them?
No, I always had the feeling they'd take care of things when there was a problem with an order.

I've been buyng from Midway for years and the problems are few and far between.

Is this your first Midway order?
Old January 25, 2012, 11:45 PM   #42
Marco Califo

Midway offers different shipping options

Midway offers different shipping options. Not all are available for every package. You select your shipping method when completing your order.

1. UPS Basic is by far the WORST. Midway puts small orders in a lightweight mailing bag. Then give it to UPS to get close to your destination. UPS gets it and takes it to the local post office for final delivery. There is TOO MUCH HANDLING and a longer delay than either UPS or USPS alone. Mine have arrived undamaged, but I avoid this shipping method, even though it is the cheapest.

2. Regular UPS ground works fine and has always arrived in a box.

3. Priority Mail is sometimes cost effective AND faster than UPS.

One other thing: Wideners has generally lower prices, but mark-up their shipping so much that many times Midway is cheaper in total cost. Midway seems good at having stuff in stock.
Old January 26, 2012, 01:08 PM   #43
Alpha Wolf

My only issue is when I ordered some stuff one was out of stock.
So they shipped the bulk that day and shipped the out of stock one 4 days later for another full shipping charge.

Both packages got here within 2 days of shipping and both were in great shape...

Old January 26, 2012, 01:58 PM   #44
floydster

All my problems with Midway shipping has alwasy been taken care of a.s.a.p.,but I can't remember when I had the last problem
Old January 26, 2012, 02:27 PM   #45
Sevens

Here is a post I wrote nearly four years back... what I thought then about Midway USA.

Read it if you care to, didn't seem appropriate to copy & paste it to this thread, so here is a link:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...5&postcount=17
Old January 26, 2012, 03:03 PM   #46
JACK308

I dont buy powder from them never had any problem with my orders.
Old January 26, 2012, 05:30 PM   #47
trex1310

Quote:
For those of you who are married to them
What an ingracious thing to say. I guess anyone that disagrees
with your experience gets insulted. All those loose bullets you
have rolling around........... You know what to do with them,
send them back to Midway! LOL.
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg
Old January 26, 2012, 09:59 PM   #48
TXGunNut

A few of you remember ordering from Midway when it involved a tabloid flyer and a telephone or order form. I know I do. Larry Potterfield and the gang aren't perfect but they try harder than most. Nowadays I buy a fair bit from Cabelas and Bass Pro when things are on sale but 80-90% of my non-haz-mat shooting and reloading supplies come from Midway.
They'll treat you right, OP.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.
Old January 26, 2012, 10:06 PM   #49
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

From the OP:

Quote:
I just sent them an email about this, so we will see what kind of customer service they have. ... I just hope they make this right with me. I have a feeling that I will be getting screwed.
So instead of asking the folks here, what Midway's service was like, you attack Midway in an adversarial manner.

In your second post of this thread, you decide you need to denigrate those who don't hold to your uninformed opinion:

Quote:
For those of you who are married to them,...
But Wait! There's more!

Quote:
And this is not the first time I have ordered from them and didn't have this problem, ...
So you have ordered (however many times) from Midway before! Only this time there is a problem, so you just have to make a stink about it, before you see if the problem will be resolved to your satisfaction.

Quote:
I am sorry for offending those who were offended. I posted very soon after the packages arrived and was upset, and was hoping I would hear "don't worry, they will make it right."
Which is exactly what most of the people responding said or implied. Granted that there were many who posted they didn't have any problems. Some, after years of doing business with Midway. Come to think of it, you were in that group until this last shipment!

Quote:
... however it is abundantly clear that I should not voice my experience on this forum with vendors ...
Folks here, wouldn't immediately commiserate with you, so yeah! I can see how you could get from there to here. Regardless, folks here do want to know when a vendor truly screws up and especially if their customer service is lousy.

What folks here don't like is for someone to rip on a vendor before all the facts are in, just because they are mad at the moment. We also don't like being ripped on, because we don't agree with you.
Old January 27, 2012, 09:37 AM   #50
tpcollins

I just checked the Graf's website and found the bullets I've looking for in stock and 25% cheaper than other sites, plus only $5 for - shipping, handling, - whatever they want to call it is great. Thanks for the tip.