The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 27, 2012, 11:38 AM   #1
azsixshooter

Locking Rack Recommendations?

I'm looking for a quality gun rack that I can store my shotgun in vertically in cruiser-ready mode.

I'd like it to bolt securely to the wall and be vertical so I can hang a jacket over the whole mount and gun and disguise it from any casual observers.

I found the Gee Closet gun rack on amazon, but my neighbor said he thought there were similar models that employed a clamshell locking device that encapsulates the entire action and trigger. That sounds like a good deal to me, but I haven't had any luck finding anything.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could make a suggestion for a vertical locking rack that fits the above description. I did find the MSE Life Jacket which looks very cool, but I really want something that mounts to the wall to help prevent theft (albeit to a minimal degree).

Thanks for any ideas,

Steve
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." --Saul Tigh
http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/2...s-no-more.html
Old June 27, 2012, 01:20 PM   #2
zippy13

Steve, I think you'll find the type of rack you're looking for is typically designed for vehicle use.
Old June 27, 2012, 01:36 PM   #3
azsixshooter

That's what got me thinking about it, my neighbor had mentioned that he thought they made similar ones for wall-mounting. I'll do some checking into vehicle mounted racks though and see if I can find anything that might be suitable to be wall-mounted as well.

Thanks! Any other suggestions are still welcome and hoped for!
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." --Saul Tigh
http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/2...s-no-more.html