The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 23, 2010, 03:36 PM   #1
grubbylabs

Blacks Creek pack review hunting pach

Blacks Creek pack review

I bought a signature series fanny pack from them a few years ago and really liked it. It held every thing I needed it to even a water bladder.

The compartments are well designed and function great. They are easy to access and organize your gear for ease of access and use.

the straps and waist belt are comfortably padded and support the pack well. There is even an integrated strap set up to hold your bow for you if you are going in for a while.

I would highly recommend this pack if you need something for day excursions.

And their customer service is first rate. after about a year of use one of the shoulder straps started to separate from the wast strap. I also was looking for a way to a fix my holster to the wast strap and was not overly happy with the Velcro ones it came with. They were hard to adjust and keep adjusted and let the gun flop to much for my liking. So when I called them about the shoulder strap separating I asked about doing something with those Velcro straps. They said they would look into it and asked if I had any ideas of how or what I wanted. So when I sent the pack in I sent a letter detailing what I was looking for and what I thought would be a easy way to solve my problem.

Well I sent the pack in on a Friday, I did not here from them so I called them on Wednesday or something like that and the customer service guy said the pack was done and going out that day and that if I liked what they did then I could send them 10 bucks for material if I wanted to. So after hunting all weekend I get home and my pack is waiting for me on my couch and when I opened up the package it looked great. They did a first class job of fixing the warranty problem and putting buckle straps on instead of the Velcro straps and they work great.

So not only will I be sending them the 10 bucks but I will be looking to send the guy that took care of my stuff a little extra, not sure what yet but something. He took the time to address the Velcro straps that I did not like personally instead of handing it off to someone else who was not familiar with the situation.

Bottom line is it was a great experience.

Nope, the old nag's still dead .
(Capt Charlie)