The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 11, 2013, 10:06 PM   #1
tobnpr

If you ordered mags from S&W on 12/30...

Probably can forget about it...
I had ordered some P-Mags that day, and they showed in stock and I got a confirmation email, and order number...

Not having heard anything, and no charge on the card, I called today.

Seems they had " a trillion" orders that day, and it literally caused their server to crash, and many orders were lost...Mine was one of them.

They re-ordered, but refused to put my order back in place where it should have been- I'm at the back of the line. Not good CS in my opinion, but at least they haven't raised their prices.

Just a heads up for any of you that might have placed an order that day- you'd best call and check if you haven't received anything.
Old January 12, 2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Ben Towe

I almost ordered some from S&W around that time, but Brownells price was so much better that I back ordered some through them. May take awhile to get them but I paid pre-insanity prices, so I'm happy.
Old January 12, 2013, 05:52 PM   #3
2ndtimer

I received an email from S&W telling me the same thing. Luckily, I didn't really need the mags, but I kind of would have liked to receive the short 10 rounder for my M&P 15-22. It would be much nicer for shooting off the bench than the 25 rounders. I agree, though, kind of poor customer service, but given the volumes of orders they are receiving right now, it is understandable.
Old January 12, 2013, 07:00 PM   #4
berettaprofessor

Why the heck would you order P-Mags from S&W? There are far better, higher-volumn and lower-priced distributors for those. Midway, Brownells Cabelas, etc all come to mind. Of course, nobody's got any right now....

The M&P 15-22 mags I could understand...
Old January 12, 2013, 07:08 PM   #5
BillyJack3

He ordered from them because they had them in stock at the time.
Old January 12, 2013, 07:40 PM   #6
flyinpolack

Quote:
Why the heck would you order P-Mags from S&W? There are far better, higher-volumn and lower-priced distributors for those. Midway, Brownells Cabelas, etc all come to mind. Of course, nobody's got any right now....
They sold them for $14.99
Old January 12, 2013, 07:58 PM   #7
RamItOne

They had em for $19.99 when I ordered dec 2X (sometime after xmas) but before the 30th. Hope mine is not affected, ordered 2 plus one 17rnd 9mm for my M&P.

I will have to call to speak w/ someone, called a few days and got automated response that all orders are on back order. Im content with waiting, but having the ordered canceled would be another story.

I ordered 5 PMAGS before xmas from USCav, 15.99 (with window), just says its on back order, now website doesnt even list the products when searching, even when using their product ID.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rtant/DJyvnHz0
Old January 12, 2013, 09:35 PM   #8
johnwilliamson062

They can't put your order where you claim it was. By tomorrow every forum on the net will have a thread like this if they don't already. Everyone would be calling saying theirs was one of the orders lost.

Of course, you do have a confirmation number... Why don't you post it and I'll see what I can do with it